Will we ever see factory half doors?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have been waiting patiently for several years now...has anyone read or seen anything about Mopar factory half door options? I feel like my paint color will rotate out before I get to see them.
Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I have no expectation of ever getting half doors from FCA.

I suspect the reason is safety/liability/legal related, which is why they don't say anything about it (because the same safety/liability/legal reason would apply to the YJ, TJ and JK half doors, which would open them up to lawsuits.

As such, next year I'm buying JCR half doors.

socal66

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Liability concerns would be one major reason why not but on the other hand they do sell Mopar tube doors so perhaps half doors could be a future performance parts option.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
I have doubts that it will ever happen too. Would love them, but I hope someone can figure how to modify the JCR doors to fit uppers. That's as good as I think we will get

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Iirc they were on the Canadian order system for a bit. I don't think anyone got them though.

I loved them on my jk, and really want them on my jl. If I had known they weren't going to be produced I may have bought a jk instead.

I think it'd ridiculous they show them off with every concept and during the release but then they disappear.

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Eh, while hopefully they will exist, it goes in the pattern of showing them off but never making them :(

Ffs take my money

Mpriceii

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Agree. They would sell a ton of them as a Mopar Accessory if they didnt want/have to crash test them. At least these are solid and dont have holes cut out!!!!

Mpriceii

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
If you look closely at those pics they dont have 'holes' for uppers.....nor can you see the inside panel. I suspect just a shell......

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yea, I noticed that too. No uppers have ever been shown. Shame, I actually really liked the jk uppers.

Sponsored

Mpriceii

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
The Bestop Core Doors are a solid option. Bought a pair with uppers for my son's 2 door 15JKR. The uppers are better quality as OEM uppers. Lowers are heavy and solid. Prob a better option than factory half for 99% of people unless you just have to have it painted to match or 100% OEM. I would still order half doors if it was an option.......

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I plan on half doors with twill uppers. I kinda like the core doors with the element option, but I really like the lines of a OEM half door.

That being said, I really hope they are both going to come out around the same time to use the same upper. Since bestop makes the uppers I think it would be a good sales move

OP
OP
mwilk012

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Agree. They would sell a ton of them as a Mopar Accessory if they didnt want/have to crash test them. At least these are solid and dont have holes cut out!!!!
A horrible crash safety rating doesn’t make them illegal to sell. We know what we want. Just sell them to us, Fiat.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Bestop has stated in their sub forum that Core Doors are a possibility but are probably even further away than next year, which is a huge bummer.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
"Will we ever see factory half doors?"

Yes, on concepts.
Sponsored