Sponsored

Will this settlement finally bring the diesel Wrangler to market?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Be aware that is the settlement for just one lawsuit. There are several others. I joined another one a while back because the class action does not begin to cover the losses that are going to be experienced by those of us who own current ecodiesels. There are several other mass tort lawsuits like mine that are pushing for more of a VW type settlement and based more on the criminal/fraudulent actions by FCA in marketing a vehicle that we bought based on fraudulent marketing...the legal issues for FCA aren't over. The DOJ is likely to still pursue criminal charges as well. FCA has to guarantee that 85% of the ecodiesels will get the update. My understanding is that there are around 20k of us who have joined the mass tort lawsuits and so will not be taking the update. At 101K ecodiesels sold, That means FCA will only get at max 80% of Jeeps updated.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
https://www.consumerreports.org/pic...to-get-money-and-fix-in-emissions-settlement/

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), the parent company of Jeep and Ram, will pay $800 million to settle claims that its diesel pickup trucks and SUVs cheated on emissions tests. The automaker says it admits no wrongdoing as part of this settlement.
There will be precisely zero new vehicles approved for sale until the EPA gets back to work on emissions testing. Take the total number of days of the shutdown on the day it ends, multiply by 2, and add that to the previous next-best-guess date the order banks were expected to open. Maybe this settlement appeased the EPA gendarmes who were out for a pound of flesh, but you’ll never know because the fight over the border wall is now the rate-limiting step.
Sponsored