Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase

I don't see that kind of damage on these stock Jeeps. But everyone on the 6G site is claiming that a Jeep would be similarly banged up. I think that they are in denial.
Those pictures look like they banged them up against everything they could find. The videos show them struggling to get through the obstacle.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Can you get that kind of damage at the mall? Asking for a friend. :)

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Can you get that kind of damage at the mall? Asking for a friend. :)
Friend said most certainly especially during the winter months when the mounds of snow are there.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
please tell me your going with bronco so I dont have to see you on the trails I go on. :)
Is that for me? Yes I’d get a Bronco before a Rubicon. To think I made an in person offer on a Rubicon on June 8th.
Those pictures look like they banged them up against everything they could find. The videos show them struggling to get through the obstacle.
As you show the JL struggling on obstacles. Interesting.
As for the scars, the jk was too wide. The JL is wider and the bronco is wider yet. Of course the JL will get through the narrow trails better. I did see a JLU with Broncos, disappointed they did not also bring a 2dr Rubicon to compare.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
The videos have a clear and classic rip sound of the tires rubbing when they backed down the obstacles they couldn't climb. Lol

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Is that for me? Yes I’d get a Bronco before a Rubicon. To think I made an in person offer on a Rubicon on June 8th.

As for the scars, the jk was too wide. The JL is wider and the bronco is wider yet. Of course the JL will get through the narrow trails better. I did see a JLU with Broncos, disappointed they did not also bring a 2dr Rubicon to compare.
There are already countless videos of factory Jeeps on the Rubicon and completing it with more ease and less body damage. But we already knew that. The Bronco, being a IFS vehicle is going to have a harder time in the rocks.

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase

Pretty sure they had both 2 and 4 door Broncos there.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I don't see that kind of damage on these stock Jeeps.
Did you watch a different video? I remember watching that one when it first came out. A lot of those jeeps got absolutely thrashed. Dragging and squealing and crunching the whole time. And as anybody knows, a huge part of off-roading is the driver. I watched a couple of those Bronco videos, and dang if the drivers sometimes picked the worst possible lines (though I wasn't there nor most of us, so who knows). It was a test, so maybe they were doing that on purpose.

It's an extremely tough trail. That the Broncos made it through at all is more than most of us will ever see when it comes to rock crawling. I'd chalk it up as a win for the Bronco.

please tell me your going with bronco so I dont have to see you on the trails I go on. :)
I think the feeling's mutual, my man. Keep on keepin' on.

No, he's bleating at me, no worries.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Pretty sure they had both 2 and 4 door Broncos there.
But the also had a 4dr JL Rubicon for comparison. It would have been nice to see it compared to the 2dr JL Rubicon as well.

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
There are already countless videos of factory Jeeps on the Rubicon and completing it with more ease and less body damage. But we already knew that. The Bronco, being a IFS vehicle is going to have a harder time in the rocks.
The bronco with more clearance and better angles and lower crawl(manual) it would be nice to see or eventually hear the comparison from the trail.

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
But the also had a 4dr JL Rubicon for comparison. It would have been nice to see it compared to the 2dr JL Rubicon as well.
Ahh gotcha, I misunderstood what you meant the first time.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The bronco with more clearance and better angles and lower crawl(manual) it would be nice to see or eventually hear the comparison from the trail.
It will be. But i don’t think that combo exists. The better angles come with the Sasquatch which isn’t available with the manual.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
"I'll bring the Bronco" doesn't sound as cool as "I'll bring the Jeep" :LOL:
Unless you’ve lived in the Philippines.
Sponsored