Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 743 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
2 Door Base + Sasquatch + 2.7 + employee pricing(I've got Ford workers in my family)

I'd consider it. Would have to be my wife's car, I won't sell the Jeep for it.
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Also remember to factor in the far superior gearing at the axles of the Bronco, something every wrangler sans the Rubi suffers from. IMO all 6sp JLs should have come with at least a 3.73 and an option to 4.10. However I am unaware of the Bronco's stick gear ratios, so that will play into performance and efficiency...I know I never use 6th in my JL, barely turning 2k rpms at 70, gotta hit 80 plus to even think about 6th, which I very rarely do...
The gearing is dependent on the trim and packaging. Since you can't get Sasquatch and a manual trans, then you can only get the super low 95 to 1 crawl ratio if you get the Badlands, with the 2.3 base engine, and don't get the Sasquatch upgrade.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The gearing is dependent on the trim and packaging. Since you can't get Sasquatch and a manual trans, then you can only get the super low 95 to 1 crawl ratio if you get the Badlands, with the 2.3 base engine, and don't get the Sasquatch upgrade.
My main excitement over the Bronco was 7 speed and 2.7. I'm getting incredibly disappointed

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
How far back are the front seats in that pic? My Unlimited won't fold flat if the front seats are ALL the way back.
The guy in the video with that image appears to be about 5'7. Not usually the type of guy sitting all the way back but obviously I couldn’t say for sure whether or not that’s the case.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I mean, it looks badass for sure. There is a high probability I will purchase one as my daily and keep my built Rubicon for all my rock crawling adventures!

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I like my Wrangler but I'm starting to think FCA better step up their game a little.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
If you think jalopnik is a reliable source you need your head examined.
This!! I ended up in a slightly heated discussion with David Tracy because he was trying to correct me in the comments. But later realized that I had been correct the entire time.

Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
To be perfectly Honest, I think the New Bronco is very good looking. I think it is probably a very well built vehicle. But then you get to the engine, I vomit in my mouth a little.. A 4 cylinder turbo, its basically the same engine I had in my Honda Si. Its not that I need a great big engine, but I need an engine I can trust and it sure isnt a 4 cylinder anything. Big turn off. Now if they offered a nice 302 like the old Bronco's I would have to say Wow it just become a tough choice. Ha Ha Not really I a Jeep through and through. I am waiting for the new Jeep 392 to come out... OMG

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
To be perfectly Honest, I think the New Bronco is very good looking. I think it is probably a very well built vehicle. But then you get to the engine, I vomit in my mouth a little.. A 4 cylinder turbo, its basically the same engine I had in my Honda Si. Its not that I need a great big engine, but I need an engine I can trust and it sure isnt a 4 cylinder anything. Big turn off. Now if they offered a nice 302 like the old Bronco's I would have to say Wow it just become a tough choice. Ha Ha Not really I a Jeep through and through. I am waiting for the new Jeep 392 to come out... OMG
Then just buy the 2.7L V6 Bronco.

Aljeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Price is what gets me on Wrangler / Bronco as well.

An SUV would be my wife's daily driver, and she likes a few luxury options, which pushes the the price on these vehicles very high. The simple option of an upgraded audio system raises the price of a Bronco tens of thousands of dollars over the base model, based on trim levels and packaging.
Are there really any manufacurers that don't do this? I've been casually looking for a new vehicle for years now and every one I like quickly turns into a no go because of how the manufacturers pigeonhole you into pricey package upgrades just to get simple options you may want even though there is nothing physically preventing them from adding options a la carte. Like no option for leather seats unless you upgrade to to a model that's $10k+ more and then pay $2k on top of that for the option you want.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
If you think jalopnik is a reliable source you need your head examined.
There are too many people that do and do.
I ended up in a slightly heated discussion because he was trying to correct me in the comments. But later realized that I had been correct the entire time.
Good on you! Their comment section is utter garbage, full of toxicity and hardcore trolls.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Wife's turn for a new vehicle. Trying to talk her into a new Bronco. She likes them but concerned with mileage as she might have to do some commuting in it. I'm going to keep trying though.

Oh, and my 2018 JLUR is going nowhere BTW...
Sponsored