Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartmanā€™s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is ā€œbothā€ an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I forgot to mention in my other post that I also don't like the push button 4WD.
Sponsored

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
This.

Why does it have to be an either-or proposition?

Barring it being horrifyingly different when I actually get to see one in person, Iā€™ll likely get a 2 door to sit beside my JLR.
That's my exact plan, just put deposit down on a spot for a 2 door to park next to the JLURR!

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
People need to understand timing. Assuming no other delays due to Covid, union strikes, parts shortages, etc you won't get one of these for a long time as it is. Let's say about a year. Then you have to actually get your hands on one. There will likely be a supply and demand issue for at least a year and Ford dealers love to charge dealer markup on in demand vehicles.

And then you have an all new platform with tons of unknowns. What will break. How is the quality. Etc.

For me, I don't see even considering trading in my JL for one of these an option for at least 2 years.

I want to see how these things hold up on real trails and in the real world.
Yeah, I agree. I'm not going to hate on the new Bronco. In fact, I think it's really cool, but I won't be getting one when they first come out. Down the road? Who knows...

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
somebody had mentioned the proportions appearing off, too much body, and I never saw it till this picture.

can this guy even see over the dash?
The first thing I thought was 'how's he going to do any serious offroad with that seating'??

That's mom's mini-van bucket seat angle.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
All of the practical features of the Bronco are so nice. I've read somewhere with the 2D the backseat is 50/50 fold. I mean really, Jeep has NEVER solved that with the 2D, the way the seat is pushed forward on the 2D sucks. Wrangler has had no serious competition for too long. I am not switching teams, but Ford put so much thought into the details.

Sorry but FCA deserves this, so much. All of these features we have asked for, and FCA has always been like "sorry, not sorry". Well guess what, cutting costs for not making the 2D as practical as it should be is gonna bite them back. So many people are gonna buy the 2D Bronco, because they actually made it practical. I feel like since the introduction of the school bus JKU Jeep has been slacking so much on the 2D it almost feels as if they don't even want it to be in the market anymore. I was stranded once because of the worst front seat release system I have ever seen in a 2 door vehicle, as well as other jeep owners, because they put the worst pos piece of tiny plastic, cheapest material they could ever find as the "memory" mechanism for the release. The piece breaks with like 1lb of force and it gets stuck in the rails.

2 doors not being practical is an excuse. I do not want to drive a school bus. Good job Ford, the 2 door Bronco is legit awesome. It is fugly, but it is awesome. I have a baby coming next year, and in a few years, when I get rid of my 2D I was thinking I was gonna have no choice but a 4D. I am rethinking that now, I hope Jeep steps up and in about 5 to 7 years from now we have a better 2D option.

If the Bronco proves to be reliable, actually offroad capable, and Jeep doesn't solve their 2D issues. I would rather drive an ugly 2D Bronco than a 4D jeep.

Storminā€™ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
After watching several YouTube videos and reviews, as well as going to Ford's website, I feel like Ford listens to Jeep customers/owners better than Jeep does. Lots of great things on the new Bronco that we've all been complaining about for a long time. I'm sure I'll buy one in a couple years, but I'm not a team guy.

PS- There's no way I order a 2021 Jeep without driving the Bronco first. Too much going for the Bronco

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just miffed because of the steering issues. I didn't have but hearing about them here on the forum and how Jeep deflected when they knew it was an issue. They obviously fixed it because my 2020's steering is tight.

However, I have lifter/rocker/clatter and if I hadn't added a catch can I'd still have low speed pre-ignition. I'm not really happy about that...

And FCA's dealer network is a nightmare.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Interesting that the fenders can also easily be removed in a couple minutes.
everything can be removed. It is crazy how much thought they put into everything. This thing is like a lego. And unfortunately, it also looks like one.

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I would rather stay independent. To me, you are on a team if you (1) own any stocks in F or FCAU; or (2) have relatives or yourself work for Ford or FCA.

If none of that applies to you, why the fuck you be blindly loyal to a fucking Italian car company with a American shell and have QA/QC worse than an Amazon Chinese seller, or a company that is almost keep alive by government loans and police contracts.

This is the problem right now, everyone has to be on a team, Team Orange or Team Creepy?

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep's had the market cornered for so long...they depend on a few innovations and tech to keep it cornered. All it takes is Ford to catch them with their pants down and take a lot of their market share. It's going to happen. If FCA held their dealers to a higher standard most of it would be a wash. Jeep is still the only off-road vehicle with solid axles fr/r and a manual trans option. The Bronco isn't actually 'here' yet. It's just been announced.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Got my reservation accepted for a First Edition!
All FEā€™s are gone now. After all these years... they limit something? I want all the features I saw in the advertisements. Thatā€™s enough to piss someone off.

Edit: A Badlands is close but loses the special hood and Iā€™m not sure you can get the options separately.

Last edited:

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
The Bronco looks neat. But my energy is on where and when my next Jeep adventure will be. IĀ“m 100% smitten with my JLUR, which is my 3rd and by far best Wrangler. Unless I wreck it or die, IĀ“ll have it 25 years from now, along with the memories it makes. Hell, the way my JK is holding up, I may still have it in 25 years, too!
Will not sell my 97' TJ but may add the Bronco to my stable...no pun intended. I see Ford has figured out how to engineer power windows with "auto" up feature and hopefully they can defrost the Bronco's windshield completely.
Sponsored