Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I may end up with both. Have a TJ that I'll never part with and getting ready to order a Rubicon Diesel literally this week. The Bronco looks very well thought out. The fact that you can make any trim level fully off road capable with the sasquatch package is something jeep has always been missing. I have a 3.5 ecoboost in my F150 - great engine to me and is so much better than V8 towing - at least IMO. Have no experience with the 2.7 but I'm thinking it will be a good fit. Now, if either jeep or ford can get a better towing capacity that would be the game winner for me.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
My 2018 STX F150 4x4 with the 2.7 payload package (3.73 gearing and rear locker) has been back to the dealership 9 times in 48XXX miles including for a rear locker failure, trans stuck in neutral and turbo replacement. I’m not a bronco buyer till the 3.0 is offered

2016 4 runner was almost as bad but at least that was a lease

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
You do realize that YOUR opinion of the Wrangler looking better is just that...YOUR opinion. Stating it over and over again doesn't make it fact.
The point was that looks are going to play a huge roll on the ultimate decision to go with the Bronco or Jeep. If the statistics being thrown around regarding Jeep being more of a “ mall crawler” are accurate then the actual capabilities of either Jeep or Bronco play second fiddle to aesthetics.

Sponsored

Rockit73

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sprt S, 02 Night Train, 2016 F6B
I traded my 97 Ranger and 2011 Mustang for my JLU, because I didn't feel like waiting on the Bronco. Both Ford's served me well, none of the unreliability mentioned.
The 2.7 in my gf's f150 is great and again, no issues.
You can bet that I'll be taking the Bronco for a spin.

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
The day they start the 3rd model year I’ll be buying one

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Going to wait until Wranglers mid-cycle refresh time do anything but if there aren’t some major innovations added, a visit to the Ford dealer will be in order.
Don’t wait for their refresh (prolly just add a cup holder, change the dash insert color, and make up a new rear view mirror design or something). That’s FCA engineering and marketing working together.

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I like that the top dash has a rail for accessories like a GoPro, cell phone holder, or dash cam with power inputs so you don’t have to snake a wire yourself to the top of the dash or have someone else run a power wire up to it.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
I am not canceling my 2021 Diesel Rubicon order. Jeep for life
Sponsored