Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I don't think we need to be either/or. I love my Jeep and have no intention of getting rid of it. It's practically a 5th family member now. But at the same time, I think Ford knocked it out of the park with the Bronco. Looks like a great vehicle and don't fault anyone who looks seriously at one.

Listen guys, I work in corporate strategy. And something i've observed through the years is that competition breeds innovation. Before the Bronco, the Wrangler was lacking any real direct competitor (don't talk to me about the Defender until there's a convertible option). In fact, I would argue that pre-Bronco the biggest threat to the Wrangler was the Gladiator. So I am glad Ford added a competitive product to the marketplace. It allows them to try new ideas, see what sticks, etc.
Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Sorry Ford fans but just on the aesthetic side alone, Jeep prevails hands down. Only thing I’d like to see is a hard top with removable sides and to me, that seems like an easy aftermarket or new feature that can be added on upcoming models. So glad I went with my 2020 Rubi.
Folks, by the time this Bronco hits the pavement Jeep will leak out a TON of hints and teasers on upcoming models. This alone will halt folks from making a knee jerk decision to jump over to Ford. Now here’s the big thing AESTHETICS! I don’t care what the Bronco is capable of....If consumers deem the Jeep a better looking off road ride( which it clearly is ), looks WIN! This will simply come down to personal taste. Jeep knew everything this Bronco was going to be . The great thing is, Jeep doesn’t have to do much to move the needle.
Aesthetics will win this game. The true off roaders are a minority folks.
You do realize that YOUR opinion of the Wrangler looking better is just that...YOUR opinion. Stating it over and over again doesn't make it fact.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Let me say this. Ford, welcome to the table!

Ever since I was a kid I've wanted a jeep not only for the off-road experience, but also for the jeep experience of cruising on a cool summer night with the doors off, top off, and the radio blaring! Oh how I love my 19' JLUR, It's a beast off-road yet simple yet and refined. Could it handle better on road or washboards? Yes, but the feeling when you pop that baby into 4Lo and it just crawls through or over just about anything. The Bronco looks great and I believe it will be a fierce competitor in the market. I like it, but not love it. Someone said above "the Jeep looks like a tank, this looks like a toy." A fun toy at that but would I trade in my Jeep, hell no! At least not for now. However, if Ford is serious about taking over this market and they can if they can prove to match the Jeep or surpass the Jeep with technology, fill in the voids where Jeep has been stagnant, then we hopefully have the fight of the century on our hands! Only time will tell what both companies will do to fight for the us as customer. I am happy that Ford brought this option to OUR table and hopefully it will spur a fierce competition. That being said, from what I've gathered from owners on this form, Reddit, and other social media sites. Jeep could answer with half doors, an I6, and the ability to option the the Rubicon features down the line they probably would keep most of its customers that are on the fence of switching. Those that complain about Jeeps customer experience, or other problems, will do so with Ford too.... Hell, you'd be complaining about any other auto manufacture, they ALL have numerous issues.

Will this be a "Jeep Killer", definitely not. Most likely the Toyota killer in the market. This is nothing but a great competitor to share the number 1 and 2 spot with Jeep.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I think it is interesting how Jeep was praised for all of the changes and refinements they made between the JK and JL but Ford just showed them how it's done.

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've always been on the side of smart design choices and reliable design. Not sure either gets it right.

Like our politics you can choose the Giant Douche or the Turd Sandwich, but neither is perfect.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
You do realize that YOUR opinion of the Wrangler looking better is just that...YOUR opinion. Stating it over and over again doesn't make it fact.
You repeated yourself countless times in the Bronco thread saying the same things over and over again. Maybe listen to your own words?

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I think it is interesting how Jeep was praised for all of the changes and refinements they made between the JK and JL but Ford just showed them how it's done.
Looks like the Bronco design team had several focus groups with Wrangler owners, or they have been reading the posts on this forum - Removable panels vs full hard top removal, mirrors mounted on the frame vs the door, door storage in vehicle, 360 camera view vs having to have a spotter, gadget mounting bar, etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
You repeated yourself countless times in the Bronco thread saying the same things over and over again. Maybe listen to your own words?
And also stated it as my opinion EVERY time. Learn to read.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Now here’s the big thing AESTHETICS! I don’t care what the Bronco is capable of....If consumers deem the Jeep a better looking off road ride( which it clearly is ), looks WIN! This will simply come down to personal taste.
And also stated it as my opinion EVERY time. Learn to read.
Ironic again considering you didn't read what you quoted.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I am staying with Team Jeep...I am almost finished with my JLR build which includes a customized 2" lift, 35" KO2's, Warn front and rear bumpers. Warn Zeon 10-S, various skid plates, Mopar CAI, Steer Smarts package: draglink, trackbar and Rubi length tie rod and I have a stack of JL Audio parts and some leather OEM trim yet to install.

Still waiting for Borla's touring climber cat-back for the 2-doors to be released and when available will install and add a Livernois tune...

While the Bronco looks nice and Ford has definitely done their homework, I have visions of a 6.4 450HP Hemi with factory lift and 37's dancing in my head!!
That 392 HEMI makes me want to trade my JL more than Bronco does.

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I don’t see how the Bronco won’t take a massive chunk out of Wrangler sales unless FCA plays their old game of discounting things to between 15-25% and just playing the price game. The base 2 door comes with a hard top, AC and LED headlights standard, all with a more powerful base engine, and arguably better manual transmission. I would wager that it will handle exponentially better on the road too. There’s a lot of info and options to wade through with the Bronco which is great for the consumer. Going through the resources made my head spin.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I may have missed it, but did Ford release the weight of the Bronco?
Sponsored