Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Placebo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something with 4 wheels
The new Bronco is kind of nice.
Fords 2.7 puts out 310hp and 400lb ft of torque. Jeep needs to beat that with their new engine.

There are more things I wish Jeep would do, but I don’t see them making big changes other than the replacing the pentastar as a mid cycle refresh.
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Welp, there goes the Wrangler's famous high resale value, lol. :D

I think in a year or two, people buying an SUV are going to have some fantastic choices available!

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
The value of the base model 2 door is absolutely absurd vs the JL. Jeep will either have to drop the price of the Sport by $3k or get rid of it entirely.

Plus locking difs front and rear, 4.70 gears Bilsteins, lift/long travel, 35’s on ANY trim?? And no piece of garbage Dana 35?? Basically told Jeep to go f itself. Absolutely insane.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
The value of the base model 2 door is absolutely absurd vs the JL. Jeep will either have to drop the price of the Sport by $3k or get rid of it entirely.

Plus locking difs front and rear, 4.70 gears Bilsteins, lift/long travel, 35’s on ANY trim?? And no piece of garbage Dana 35?? Basically told Jeep to go f itself. Absolutely insane.
They are basically taking the things back to the old days of the Wrangler when you order the options you wanted without being forced to jump to the highest trim level to buy crap you don't need or want.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
yall need to calm down. The Bronco is not even at the dealers yet. you all are hypothesizing that Bronco beats Rubicon from a sheet of paper and a movie. It is gonna take years, and it is gonna be fun.

Also their "best shot" of their IFS flex wasnt even that good.

You also need to remember the JL was release back in 2018 while this Bronco is going to come out in 2021. Most likely, if Bronco actually performs on jeep trails, jeep will change the game again. Ford release their latest/best. Jeep is ahead because its tested the JL in the real world for 3 years already. The Bronco should be a lot better than the JL and that only time will tell, if it isnt. then theyre behind.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I am staying with Team Jeep...I am almost finished with my JLR build which includes a customized 2" lift, 35" KO2's, Warn front and rear bumpers. Warn Zeon 10-S, various skid plates, Mopar CAI, Steer Smarts package: draglink, trackbar and Rubi length tie rod and I have a stack of JL Audio parts and some leather OEM trim yet to install.

Still waiting for Borla's touring climber cat-back for the 2-doors to be released and when available will install and add a Livernois tune...

While the Bronco looks nice and Ford has definitely done their homework, I have visions of a 6.4 450HP Hemi with factory lift and 37's dancing in my head!!

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
You also need to remember the JL was release back in 2018 while this Bronco is going to come out in 2021. Most likely, if Bronco actually performs on jeep trails, jeep will change the game again. Ford release their latest/best. Jeep is ahead because its tested the JL in the real world for 3 years already. The Bronco should be a lot better than the JL and that only time will tell, if it isnt. then theyre behind.
Having worked with automotive type approvals in the certification world for going on 20 years, I can you that you are vastly underestimating the amount of time it takes to introduce changes to a lineup. That that radio for example would have started certifications 2 years before being in the vehicle.

You'd have to be blind or mad to think this the Bronco is going to be crap or unsuccessful.
Yes, on paper, it has everything that was asked for expect one single thing. SFA. And you know what? Most people won't give one single flip about it. Because it looks bad ass and the price is right.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You'd have to be blind or mad to think this the Bronco is going to be crap or unsuccessful.
Who said it was gonna be crap or unsuccessful? all I said was that it is too soon to say itll be better than a jeep off road.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Other than the SFA, it looks to be more thought out in every single quantifiable way than the Wrangler is.
Built in trail maps you can also send to your buddies? Check
Build in rail to mount your devices on the dash? Check
Power source on the dash to power said devices? Yup
Rubberized floor? Also yes
Marine grade vinyl seats? Yup
Keep the top on but lose the windows? Also possible
Place to store the door inside the truck? Sure, why not.
Back seat that is not set to 90 degrees? Looks like it. I'd also bet you can remove the rear head rests.
Trying to get the anchor under the rear head rest in my Jeep is a pain in the butt.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to reserve a First Edition, couldn't. :mad:

Sponsored

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Silverado, 2020 JT or JL, Sting-grey, hopeful
Seems like a really cool vehicle and sounds good on paper. I planned to buy a JL or a Gladiator and still do once they are in stock again and I can get a deal that I feel good about. I don't fully trust that things go as planned on first gen vehicles, especially with the complexity that Ford is introducing in this one. It just seems like there is a lot going on... we will see if it performs on the trail and if delivers like the tried and tested wrangler has and does.

Nonetheless, it will be fun to see the innovation that competition produces. I think its a win for everybody.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What is surprising to me is the lack of mention in this thread (and others) of the DI engines offered on the new Bronco. Being that the 2.3 and 2.7 ecoboost engines are turbocharged and DI, aren't they similar to the 2.0T JL engines?

With all of the 2.0T DI engine haters on this forum I figured most of you would be firmly against the new Bronco! Or is it just the eTorque system people hate?

You all got me confused.

Signed,

2.0T eTorque lover

PS: Yes the Bronco has a lot of great features I wish Jeep would offer/include. But I'll stick with my Jeep and it's solid axles.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
so far, the jeep is running, it's also anything but impressive. also, I think a bronco would look decent next to the tremor.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
#TeamJeep. HAHAH BIG JEEP GO VRROOOOMM. Gimme a 392, LET'S GOOOOoooo!

Seriously though, I've been researching Hemi-Swapping my current Jeep with a 392, because I am a stupid, stupid man child who loves dumb (life size) hot wheels cars like this.
Sponsored