Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a spreadsheet guy. Plugged the numbers in real quick. I only plugged in what I’m most interested in comparing which is mostly the dimensions. Since I’m a rock crawler these helped confirm that there is still no competitor to the Wrangler when it comes to rock crawling. Which largely I’d already settled on from the IFS alone.

Still, I’ll be cross shopping the Bronco against my current supercharged Jag SUV in the next couple years.

C372AD69-9445-466A-A146-1F7BDF00A74D.jpeg
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
If there is a takeaway from this for Jeep, it's the packaging and variety of trim levels offered by Ford.

Jeep It

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Firecracker Red
I would add a “Both” category. I love my JL but I’ve had a lot of freaking problems with it lately, to include its second water pump in 600 miles (just diagnosed today after the front diff had coolant all over it), but of course it’s gonna take 2 weeks to get. I have a good Service Advisor and mechanic at the dealership, though.

Broncos have always had a place in my heart too. My dad had two ”small box” Broncos, a 69’ and a 73’. He then bought a 78‘ when they went full size, and had a couple of 79’s later on. I have fond memories of the 73’ with the top off and my dad and a family friend blasting varmints with 22s while I drove. That was around 1976, so I was about 7 years old.

I then bought my first new vehicle in 1995...you guessed it...a Bronco. It was right after the OJ debacle and the salesman asked me if I was interested in a white one:headbang: Couldn’t believe it, thought he was joking. I bought an Electric Red one instead;)

So I will be looking closely at the new Bronco when they arrive and I wouldn’t have an issue owning one along side my Jeep. But hey, that’s me. I like Indian and Harley, Smith & Wesson and Glock, all of the big three, etc.

Last edited:

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
“Tough Trail” needs defined here. Even a Wrangler Sport will beat that Sasquatch on what I define as a tough trail. You even said it in your post “only trails with a lot of off-camber/rocks...” is exactly the definition of a tough trail and even an open diff sport will do better than the IFS locked up in those situations.

Better yet, go buy a Bronco and let’s go prove it out. Meet me at Holy Cross in Colorado and I’ll help you trailer your Bronco home after it flops on its side from the IFS limitations.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL

Sponsored

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl
If there is a takeaway from this for Jeep, it's the packaging and variety of trim levels offered by Ford.
does anyone know how much Sasquatch package is and I really like putting my own package on there.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco looks neat. But my energy is on where and when my next Jeep adventure will be. I´m 100% smitten with my JLUR, which is my 3rd and by far best Wrangler. Unless I wreck it or die, I´ll have it 25 years from now, along with the memories it makes. Hell, the way my JK is holding up, I may still have it in 25 years, too!

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
I’d have to drive a Bronco to be sure, but I think I’d take the Ford.

A Wrangler or Bronco would be my wife’s primary vehicle. She thought the Ford looked better.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, I was trying to put in the most capable model to most capable model. At least that’s what I was trying to do. What’s the problem with that? If I’m buying one that’s what I’m comparing.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Committed to the Wrangler for now, and I doubt the Bronco will be an economical option until 2022 with demand and dealer markups.

But man, they did their homework and both of those turbocharged motors are very good. If it were out now, I would have gone for it. Couple of years from now, gives Jeep some time to make some improvements (hopefully not just throwing a V8 in a truck that doesn't need it).
Sponsored