Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

theiowan

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Occupation
CPA
I'm a Ford guy and love the original Bronco. Hopefully Ford has done a good job and not an FJ cruiser failed attempt. Thinking of trading my 19 JKR for it, or do I spend 4k on an aftermarket steering box and another 2k on draglink, tie rods.... to fix the factory steering on the Jeep?
I agree. If the Bronco turns out to be as good as I think it might, and has a steering system that isn't all over the road like my 2018 JLU, I will think seriously about calling it quits with Jeep. I have never owned a Ford but this may be my first. I have had a number of JEEPs but FCA just isn't doing anything to fix an obvious problem.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I agree. If the Bronco turns out to be as good as I think it might, and has a steering system that isn't all over the road like my 2018 JLU, I will think seriously about calling it quits with Jeep. I have never owned a Ford but this may be my first. I have had a number of JEEPs but FCA just isn't doing anything to fix an obvious problem.
I have owned many fords, 3 F150’s, 2 escapes, two mustangs. I never really had issues at all. Just one issue on a replaced windshield that didn’t seat well and leaked water into the dash area and fried something but that wasn’t fords fault.

Though I didn’t have issues really with my JK’s, the JL is an upgrade in every way except how it handles. Prolly won’t buy the first Bronco that comes out and will wait a minute. But could also see myself considering it a year or so from release depending on how it turns out for being brand new.

I find their service techs seem to stick around a little longer too, used the same tech for my raptor while I had it for all things including oil changes

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If it's IFS it'll be tight. It'll also have limited wheel travel, no forced articulation and be inherently weaker. However most Wrangler owners never really use the benefits of their live front axles

I don't blame people for being frustrated with FCA....

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
Why would they invest millions in a ICE engine, when Hybrid Electric ( 4 xe) is almost here ? ...
Because they live in reality, not Fantasy Land. ICE isn't going anywhere for decades, and in the meantime the manufacturers want to remain profitable.

Keep in mind the Bronco will likely be the most advanced IFS put into a production off-road vehicle ever. It appears to be easily modified or be able to run 37’s from the factory, which has never been done before. So it’s possible Ford may have some secret trick. We will have to wait until monday
None of the images or info have actually indicated 37's. Not from the factory. This continues to be a fantasy of the overly enthusiastic. Perhaps we'll see otherwise tonight, but I doubt it.

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
LOTS dont have a problem with their steering, I sure dont. BUT for sure an otherwise lame IFS will steer and handle better at the mall. ;)

BTW I have had crap fords (a full size bronco) and good fords (my f150). It's probably a crap shoot which you get kinda like the steering I guess.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Which tonneau cover is that & do you like it?
Sorry for the delayed response- been working on the kid's car over the weekend (and man, it is HOT in Dallas these days :^). That is a Rampage tonneau (LINK TO TONNEAU), and I like it a lot. It fits really tightly, but it doesn't make noise and it keeps the water out. I just wish it had a vertical flap in the front (if it rains, you have to park facing uphill or the water will run down and spill over the front edge).

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The Ford Bronco looks like the baby the FJ and the JL should've never had.

I still like the looks of the JL way better, but I guess it is a matter of preference. That bronco looks very cartoonish.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Not sure if this has been posted, but Ford's website is updated with a new video

https://www.ford.com/bronco/

Shout out to the Trona Pinnacles in all their CG glory on this shoot!
The commercial shows the Bronco be all about speed. It is a race truck.

This is why I bought a Wrangler:

I wanna see a Bronco do that. Oh and that's a real Wrangler. not CGI.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
I don't know if everyone knows this...

Join us for the debut of the all-new Bronco and Bronco Sport.
Tune in July 13 at 8:00 pm EDT to ABC, ESPN or National Geographic,

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I just don't get all the buzz about the bronco. I've looked at the renderings and actual "leaked" photos online and the dam thing is goofy looking. Especially that front grille. Looks like a cross between a wrangler in the rear (from the front doors to the back) and an FJ in front. No thanks.
Sponsored