Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread should-ve-jeep copy

conrfox

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
A lot of the rumors about the Bronco have turned out true. If the rumor of 37” factory tires is true... that is going to be a huge win for ford. I’ve heard a lot of people say it isn’t possible from a fuel economy perspective or that IFS can’t handle 37’s. If they have figured out solutions to both that is going to be pretty insane.
I have my doubts about it being a factory option but would not be surprised if Ford markets the Bronco’s suspension, axles, etc. to be 37” tire capable.

Sponsored

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
As far as calling a Bronco a Jeep, when I was in high school my mom called my Scout II a Jeep, I just couldn't get her to get it.

Speaking of the Scout II, that Bronco looks more like it's successor than it does the original Bronco, which was a copy of the Scout 80. Then there's the whole Commando thing, which was Jeeps answer to the Scout and Bronco. What comes around goes around.
my friend for his first car in 1979 his dad gave him his 1974 scout w/manual trans i6 engine. I loved that thing and if they came back out I would have one immediately. so the closest i could get was in 2016 i bought a new JK 2dr manual. and i love it, so much so that I am waiting for my 2nd Jeep on order, a 2dr Rubicon w/manual. You had one of the greats!!

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
The Bronco doors apparently have frameless windows, so they're both full doors and half doors
This makes sense, as one of the promises was that the Bronco would have storage for the doors in the rear cargo area. No way to make this work with full doors, but with half-doors that definitely could. For anyone who has ever driven their Wrangler to a vacation (where the roadtrip is too long to comfortably drive without doors), but then got there and wanted the doors-off freedom (but lacked anyplace to store them), that's a compelling feature. Wouldn't be shocked if it is incorporated in the "JM" or whatever replaces the JL in 7-8 years.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This makes sense, as one of the promises was that the Bronco would have storage for the doors in the rear cargo area. No way to make this work with full doors, but with half-doors that definitely could. For anyone who has ever driven their Wrangler to a vacation (where the roadtrip is too long to comfortably drive without doors), but then got there and wanted the doors-off freedom (but lacked anyplace to store them), that's a compelling feature. Wouldn't be shocked if it is incorporated in the "JM" or whatever replaces the JL in 7-8 years.
I have never had an issue storing them. I just lean them against a fence or a tree or something. I have bicycle locks that i use sometimes.

I Think it is useful for the opposite case. You want to drive somewhere doorless but you may need the doors when you get there. Or like a summer thunderstorm could pop up.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Top off with doors on? You just described my summer configuration (well, safari top I suppose, but I usually have the sunrider folded back as well). I think the two door looks pretty decent that way (or at least I'm told it looks pretty good by most people who see it :)). Our cabin is about 190 miles from home- which is too far to drive without doors, but once we arrive I just pop the doors off and store them in our shed. It routinely gets 100+ here in Dallas, but I'm surprised with how well the JL's A/C manages to keep me cool with the back windows removed.

I'm sure Ford took the JK and JL apart to figure out where they might be able to build a product that would compete favorably. The Jeep market has become a bit less off-road focused over the past few years (a lot of Jeeps at soccer games), but FCA managed to build a capable-yet-civilized vehicle with the JL. My guess is the Bronco might be more civilized-yet-capable oriented... perhaps somewhere between a Jeep and a modern Land Rover. Looking forward to some comparison videos in the future!

f8d793818f12318bc27b3cc3ee6aea32da998b0d.jpg

077773df344ded1973f74481efb985fb2e9df9f1.jpg
Sponsored