Advertisement

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 357 54.9%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 159 24.5%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 65 10.0%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 69 10.6%

• Total voters

rubileon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon RHD 3.6
What exactly did they copy?
What didn't they

Advertisement

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
How dare they, Ford copied Jeep! I mean yeah, really, they literally copied everything. They put on 4 wheels like jeep only larger, they put in an auto transmission, only more speeds, they put in a V-6 only with more power, they put in an infotainment screen, only with bigger and better screen, they put removable doors, only they can be stowed in the vehicle and the mirrors stay attached to vehicle and the doors are half doors, they put in a manual transmission only Ford has a crawler gear, they put in lockers only they went with a lower ratio! How dare they!
9E818775-4FAD-4E5A-AFC1-F141B9BFA15D.jpeg

TXRubicon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '18 Porsche 718 Cayman
Seriously. They took every weak spot the Wrangler had and not only improved on them, but absolutely killed it with them.

*grabs popcorn and waits for the REEEE IT HAS IFS REEEEEE mob to arrive*

How dare they, Ford copied Jeep! I mean yeah, really, they literally copied everything. They put on 4 wheels like jeep only larger, they put in an auto transmission, only more speeds, they put in a V-6 only with more power, they put in an infotainment screen, only with bigger and better screen, they put removable doors, only they can be stowed in the vehicle and the mirrors stay attached to vehicle and the doors are half doors, they put in a manual transmission only Ford has a crawler gear, they put in lockers only they went with a lower ratio! How dare they!

rallydefault

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I always thought that they should have lengthened the 2dr just a tad.
I agree. The 2-door looks just a bit stubby to me these days. Maybe that's just because we live in a world where practically everything is 4-doors and slightly bigger than past models, but yea. I think the 2-door bronco is looking better than the 2-door jl.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S, 03 Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
I agree. The 2-door looks just a bit stubby to me these days. Maybe that's just because we live in a world where practically everything is 4-doors and slightly bigger than past models, but yea. I think the 2-door bronco is looking better than the 2-door jl.
IMO the 2dr JL is about perfect, Nothing size-wise I would want changed except the puny 17 gallon gas tank :(

Strommen95

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito Sport S JLU
Seriously. They took every weak spot the Wrangler had and not only improved on them, but absolutely killed it with them.

*grabs popcorn and waits for the REEEE IT HAS IFS REEEEEE mob to arrive*
The vehicle hasn't even be released yet. That's awfully premature of you to suggest.

Strommen95

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito Sport S JLU
Ok I’ll suggest it again on Monday when the rest of you have seen it and the technical details. My statement will stand.
Owner experience when the vehicle is actually released will dictate whether or not they improved on the Wranglers weaknesses and “absolutely killed it”. Not the release on Monday.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The Raptor front torsion differential would be nice for this vehicle.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S, 03 Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)

Advertisement

Advertisement