mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Greetings all,

So I just bought 5 new 35" Milestar tires from Northridge and they'll hopefully be delivered by next week. I will need to get them from my place to the dealership (or somewhere I can get them mounted and balanced) and am curious as to how that's gonna happen.

Do you think 5 x 35" tires will fit INSIDE my 2-Door JLR???? I am pretty sure I'll have to take the seat out but even then I don't know if there is enough room. Have any of you ever tried to stuff tires in the back of a 2-door JLR, and if so how many could fit???

Thanks for any info you can provide!
Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
hope for a nice day so you can go topless

OP
OP
mrhumble1

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hope for a nice day so you can go topless
I live in a 1-bedroom apartment, so I really have no place to put the top. It'll be hard enough rolling 5 tires upstairs and into my living room!!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Greetings all,

So I just bought 5 new 35" Milestar tires from Northridge and they'll hopefully be delivered by next week. I will need to get them from my place to the dealership (or somewhere I can get them mounted and balanced) and am curious as to how that's gonna happen.

Do you think 5 x 35" tires will fit INSIDE my 2-Door JLR???? I am pretty sure I'll have to take the seat out but even then I don't know if there is enough room. Have any of you ever tried to stuff tires in the back of a 2-door JLR, and if so how many could fit???

Thanks for any info you can provide!
Worst case scenario;
Option 1:
maybe fit 4 first, if not, 3 in the trunk, 1 up on the roof with tie downs. Then go get the last one once you get them on your wheels.
Option 2:
Rent a trailer for a day.

OP
OP
mrhumble1

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Worst case scenario:
Ugh...

My only other option is to just choose a tire shop near me. There are two within a quarter mile so making extra trips there would be easy. That being said, I would prefer to take them to my dealer so they can adjust the ECU for the larger tire size at the same time. I know I can make another trip to get that done but it seems easier that way, plus since I just bought the thing the dealer might cut me a deal on the tire installs.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Ugh...

My only other option is to just choose a tire shop near me. There are two within a quarter mile so making extra trips there would be easy. That being said, I would prefer to take them to my dealer so they can adjust the ECU for the larger tire size at the same time. I know I can make another trip to get that done but it seems easier that way, plus since I just bought the thing the dealer might cut me a deal on the tire installs.
get a buddy to go with you/borrow a truck and buy him a beer later?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The back seat barely fits in the 2 door let alone 5 big wheels/tires.

OP
OP
mrhumble1

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
get a buddy to go with you/borrow a truck and buy him a beer later?
Yeah it'll be Friday afternoon and most of my friends don't live near me. I do have one (unemployed) friend who has a giant truck....

The back seat barely fits in the 2 door let alone 5 big wheels/tires.
I would remove the back seat, but yeah it'll be tight.

I just spoke to the Discount Tire store near me and they gave me a great quote on the tire mount and balance. I told the guy I might have to make several trips to get all the tires there and he said that's fine.

I'll make it work somehow. I was just hoping one of you would say "Sure they'll all fit". Oh well!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
mrhumble1

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too late to see if they can be shipped directly to where you are having the install done?
I wanted them shipped to my place because I wasn't sure where I was having the install done. Amazingly, even though I placed the order just a few hours ago, I already have the FedEx shipping/tracking info for delivery this Friday. Northridge got these out to me quickly and I am very happy they did. That's some swift service!

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
i just had 37" tires mounted on aftermarket wheels. Took me 3 trips to Discount Tire to get them home. I could only take 2 at a time. You may be able to fit 3 vertically but that's it.

OP
OP
mrhumble1

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just had 37" tires mounted on aftermarket wheels. Took me 3 trips to Discount Tire to get them home. I could only take 2 at a time. You may be able to fit 3 vertically but that's it.
Yeah I already told the guy at Discount Tire that I might have to make a few trips both ways. I have a friend with a truck who might be able to help so hopefully I can make that work, but I hate to have him sit around for an hour (or more) waiting for the new tires to be installed so we can drive the current ones home to me sold.

Fingers crossed!!

NOTE: Should I have to stuff these tires in my 2-door, I will take some pics for future reference.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mrhumble1

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok peeps, here are the results:

Milestar 315/70/17 tires with back seat folded:

upload_2019-4-5_12-11-28.png

Same tires with back seat removed:

upload_2019-4-5_12-12-11.png

So there's your answer. THREE of the Milestar Patagonia M/T 35s will fit in the 2019 2-door Rubicon with the seat removed.

For further reference, FOUR of stock KO2s will fit with the seat out:

upload_2019-4-5_12-13-37.png

Discount Tire did an amazing job of mounting the new tires and getting the stock ones wrapped up for me.

So, there's your answer about what will and won't fit!!!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Ok peeps, here are the results:

Milestar 315/70/17 tires with back seat folded:

upload_2019-4-5_12-11-28.png

Same tires with back seat removed:

upload_2019-4-5_12-12-11.png

So there's your answer. THREE of the Milestar Patagonia M/T 35s will fit in the 2019 2-door Rubicon with the seat removed.

For further reference, FOUR of stock KO2s will fit with the seat out:

upload_2019-4-5_12-13-37.png

Discount Tire did an amazing job of mounting the new tires and getting the stock ones wrapped up for me.

So, there's your answer about what will and won't fit!!!
So did you end up making multiple trips or did your buddy with a truck help you out?

OP
OP
mrhumble1

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So did you end up making multiple trips or did your buddy with a truck help you out?
Oh I just made two trips. The Discount Tire is only 10-13 mins away and my friend lives 30 mins away. Me making two (total) extra trips was just easier.
Sponsored