Will these fit my 4d sport?

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
https://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/tiredetails.cfm?idnumber=nitto-tire-terra-grappler-g2&sku=28863

https://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/...01_flatblack_redinserts&sku=58867&only=wheels

I have always struggled with picking the correct wheels and tires. I don't want any rub but want them to look proportioned and I still want them to look good when I add a 2 inch lift. I don't mind them sticking out some but don't want to struggle to fit in a standard parking space either LOL. Any help is appreciated.

Wheels.png

tires.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
David F.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Hope it’s not bad news because I literally just clicked buy...

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Should be a nice fit, be sure to get hub adapter rings if the new wheel bore isn't 71.5mm.

OP
OP
David F.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Should be a nice fit, be sure to get hub adapter rings if the new wheel bore isn't 71.5mm.
How would I know that before it gets here? I looked on the site I bought from and I don’t see anything about that. The site says it will fit...

Sponsored

OP
OP
David F.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
PM coming your way.
Thanks for the info. And responses even after I let you know I purchased already. I appreciate you guys being helpful to forum members and will remember that when purchasing in the future.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How would I know that before it gets here? I looked on the site I bought from and I don’t see anything about that. The site says it will fit...
The wheels/tires will fit fine, the hub bore for most aftermarket wheels is oversized (so the wheels can fit a wider variety of applications) for example, if the new wheel hub bore is 78.5mm (just a number I pulled out of the sky), and the Jeeps is 71.5 you should get a hub adapter ring set that will go from 78.5mm to the Jeeps 71.5 so the hub is nice and centered on the wheel. This will reduce chances of high speed vibration.

You can always mount the set on your Jeep, and if you're vibration free then run as-is, but if you have vibrations at hwy speeds the hub rings will typically help. And they are inexpensive, like $10-15 for aluminum sets. And you might be lucky and those wheels are hubcentric (already have the Jeep 71.5mm bore).
Hope that makes sense :)
Enjoy your new setup, should be nice!

OP
OP
David F.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
The wheels/tires will fit fine, the hub bore for most aftermarket wheels is oversized (so the wheels can fit a wider variety of applications) for example, if the new wheel hub bore is 78.5mm (just a number I pulled out of the sky), and the Jeeps is 71.5 you should get a hub adapter ring set that will go from 78.5mm to the Jeeps 71.5 so the hub is nice and centered on the wheel. This will reduce chances of high speed vibration.

You can always mount the set on your Jeep, and if you're vibration free then run as-is, but if you have vibrations at hwy speeds the hub rings will typically help. And they are inexpensive, like $10-15 for aluminum sets. And you might be lucky and those wheels are hubcentric (already have the Jeep 71.5mm bore).
Hope that makes sense :)
Enjoy your new setup, should be nice!
Makes perfect sense, I appreciate the explanation. I’ll try to measure when they come in and if they are 71.5mm I’ll hit you up so they can be added to your list. Thanks again!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
David F.

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
You know it's good you posted before about these because the place I purchased these from emailed and requested I call them. Turns out the offset that I purchased was sold out so they wanted to know if I wanted to get another offset... anyway, because you posted about these adapters I asked if they sold them and they do but since I purchased wheels and tires they are actually included in the free starter set that they send with the combo purchase. So now I don't have to buy any! Thanks again for all the help.
Sponsored