Sponsored

Will there be a significant refresh of the 392 in 2023?

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Well we have confirmation on the 2022s, does anybody have any hope of a 392 Gladiator? love the 392 wrangler but I’ve been holding off getting one in hopes of a 392 Gladiator. But I don’t want to miss the 392 wrangler If thats all there is going to be.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Well we have confirmation on the 2022s, does anybody have any hope of a 392 Gladiator? love the 392 wrangler but I’ve been holding off getting one in hopes of a 392 Gladiator. But I don’t want to miss the 392 wrangler If thats all there is going to be.
With 23 announced the last year for hellcats and 392’s for Challenger and Charger and already discontinued for the GC waiting past 23 is a gamble!

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
With 392 engine production coming to an end soon I would say zero chance of Jeep making the 392 optional on the Gladiator.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
With 392 engine production coming to an end soon I would say zero chance of Jeep making the 392 optional on the Gladiator.
Do you have a link that shows the 392 being discontinued? That’s only a rumor around here. Ram trucks is still using it for the future. I remember being told here the 392 was definitely discontinued and the XR package were discontinued and here we are ordering 2023s.

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
I don’t, but I did read where a Jeep executive said the Gladiator doesn’t have the volume to justify the V8 development funds.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t, but I did read where a Jeep executive said the Gladiator doesn’t have the volume to justify the V8 development funds.
Im surprised they havent teased a concept to see if it would peak interest.

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
Im surprised they havent teased a concept to see if it would peak interest.
They did tease the 20th Anniversary concept and it got quite a bit of interest. Nothing is written in stone yet as far as I know, but the odds are good that it'll be announced after the first flood of orders are delivered. It'll probably go along the same timeline as the XR package release last year. But, after that, who knows. The big V8 engines are on an end of life trajectory. They'll linger in the trucks for a while, but that's probably because the trucks seem to fall under a different CAFE category.

I have a "pre order" in on one, but may bail on it if the price is crazy. The word I got is that it's going to have a bit more power, better axles, better brakes, better suspension, 37" tires, factory winch, proper factory lift, 360 degree trail cam, special colors and decals, and (unfortunately for me because I know it will eventually leak) the one-touch power top. MSRP is going to be well north of $100k, and with finance rates where they are right now, I'm not sure I'll go for it - my 392 XR is more than enough for me when it comes to fun.

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
With the current war on fossil fuel to advance the green new utopia......I'm more worried about feeding the beast in the near future....

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
With the current war on fossil fuel to advance the green new utopia......I'm more worried about feeding the beast in the near future....
Pray for the stars to realign in Nov. with another realignment in a couple years, astrology can work.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know who took a preorder for something that isn’t happening…It’s s dream that’s all .To bad they didn’t pull the trigger on it .There stacked with regular orders these days .
If you look back a few years and see what happened with the 2017 Viper ACR-E "Commemorative Editions" that were never advertised before release, you'll see how some people got orders in the millisecond the order books opened up. Now, those cars which were selling for under $140k MSRP are going for over $300k with mileage on them. So, "pre-orders" are a real thing if you know your dealer and the dealer has some pull with FCA.

Bkilby

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 392, 1974 Hemi Cherokee
Occupation
Chief Toilet Scrubber
The word I got is that it's going to have a bit more power, better axles, better brakes, better suspension, 37" tires, factory winch, proper factory lift, 360 degree trail cam, special colors and decals, and (unfortunately for me because I know it will eventually leak) the one-touch power top. MSRP is going to be well north of $100k, and with finance rates where they are right now, I'm not sure I'll go for it - my 392 XR is more than enough for me when it comes to fun.
Where did you hear this? What dreamer made this stuff up? Lol.

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you hear this? What dreamer made this stuff up? Lol.
Uhh - haven't you been watching what's happening? Did you go to any of the Jeep events. In any event, have a look at an official video from Stelantis. It's pretty cool (and my sources are people who work there).