Sponsored

Will there be a 4 door JL Wrangler?

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Here is what has me worried. That business plan update that FCA released is showing only a 4 door Wrangler on the "Regulatory compliance" page for the Wrangler. See page 17.

jl-wrangler-engines1.jpg

Does this mean there WONT be a 2 door Wrangler JL?

Please say it isnt so.
Sponsored

MrDinkMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
I take that to mean they are specifically addressing the 4 door version since it is heavier, less fuel efficient and reflect the majority of Wrangler sales.

I would think they would just call it the Next Generation Wrangler without mentioning # of doors if that's the only one being offered. I hope im right!

Brogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
I take that to mean they are specifically addressing the 4 door version since it is heavier, less fuel efficient and reflect the majority of Wrangler sales.

I would think they would just call it the Next Generation Wrangler without mentioning # of doors if that's the only one being offered. I hope im right!
No way they go only 4 door for the JL generation. 4 door Wranglers might outsell 2 doors but the original Jeep is still 2 door and for them to kill that off would have Wrangler fans rioting! Plus the 2 door's shorter wheelbase makes it a more capable off roader than the 4 door.

OP
OP

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

I agree with everything you guys are saying just got spooked by the presentation and the fact that the JL is replacing the Cherokee line (4 dr) in Toledo. They did say they will improve its off road ability so keeping the 2dr makes sense.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
If they got rid of the 2-door, might as well get rid of live axle, 6MT, 4WD too. Meaning it won't happen.

SWinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler JK
If they stop makin a 2 DR wrangler I will just buy an old one.. and if they do RIP Jeep. It'll just start morphing more and more into a suburban SUV poser car for grocery getters.
Sponsored