Sponsored

Will the US 2019 Rubicon get Selec-trac, like the EU version?

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
What do u think? I would like it myself.... but really don't think buyers here (US) would go for it . I believe anything with selec-trac needs to have CV joints (?).
Sponsored

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
I’d buy a Select Track equipped Rubicon if the transfer case was still 4:1! I’d love to have a 4H Auto!

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Oh hell no, manual transfer case is one of the things I love about jeep, the electric motor on the transfer case for my wives sequoia went . it was 400 bucks just for the part! not to mention being stuck with no 4x4 drive .

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I'm thinking at some point, Jeep will do a Special Edition that combines some of the Sahara's everyday drive-ability with some of the Rubicon's rugged good looks. Maybe they keep the gearing/axels, but my guess would be a butched-up Sahara: Sahara running gear, with Selec-Trac, and Rubi/special edition interior/flares/tires/rims/suspension. No lockers/disco. All the looks, nunnatha ability.

carrida2010

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
What do u think? I would like it myself.... but really don't think buyers here (US) would go for it . I believe anything with selec-trac needs to have CV joints (?).
I would love to see a Rubicon with Select-trac or a Sahara ( that has select-trac) with the option of lockers.

Reactions: VNT

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It'll never happen here.

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I'm thinking at some point, Jeep will do a Special Edition that combines some of the Sahara's everyday drive-ability with some of the Rubicon's rugged good looks. Maybe they keep the gearing/axels, but my guess would be a butched-up Sahara: Sahara running gear, with Selec-Trac, and Rubi/special edition interior/flares/tires/rims/suspension. No lockers/disco. All the looks, nunnatha ability.
Pretty much every special edition JK was a beefed up Sahara, wasn't it? It's only a matter of time till they do the same with the JL. I think the Moab is the first special edition to come out.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Pretty much every special edition JK was a beefed up Sahara, wasn't it? It's only a matter of time till they do the same with the JL. I think the Moab is the first special edition to come out.
You missed my cross-post on the Moab thread: this is the Moab I predicted. The other SEs like the Islander, Mountain, Willys, Freedom (Oscar Mike) and the Chief were Sport based, though the Altitude, Dragon, Polar, Arctic and the Moab were Sahara based. Plus, the Recon and the COD were Rubicon based.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
The JK had a 10 year run. Maybe, eventually. Also may eventually see a 2 door Sahara, although I'm guessing the Sahara customers will go for the 4 door over the 2 door even more than the other trims (4 door vs 2 door). Personally I'd rather see a Willys.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
You missed my cross-post on the Moab thread: this is the Moab I predicted. The other SEs like the Islander, Mountain, Willys, Freedom (Oscar Mike) and the Chief were Sport based, though the Altitude, Dragon, Polar, Arctic and the Moab were Sahara based. Plus, the Recon and the COD were Rubicon based.
I knew they only did 2 special edition rubicons but I didn't realize the islander, mountain, willys, OM, and cheif were sport based. Totally missed the fact that your post was from March too.... My bad lol

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
I knew they only did 2 special edition rubicons but I didn't realize the islander, mountain, willys, OM, and cheif were sport based. Totally missed the fact that your post was from March too.... My bad lol
Also:

The Rubicon X (2014) and Rubicon Hard Rock (2015 & 2016) special editions.

70th (2011) Anniversary and 75th (2016) Anniversary special edition Saharas.
Sponsored