Sponsored

Will the plug-in hybrid Wrangler have a different dash instrument cluster?

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I recently noticed that another FCA plug-in hybrid model (Pacifica Hybrid) has a different dash instrument cluster when compared to the standard engine equivalent model. Will that likely be the case with the new Wrangler Hybrid?

Standard Pacifica dash:
hqdefault.jpg

Pacifica Plug-In Hybrid dash:
CH017_180PF7ti6ckqr8nnqqkeuvli95vd5b2-800x533.jpg
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Hybrids all have lots of instruments to tell you all kinds of stuff "extreme milers" might be interested in. So, if they didnt have a different instrument package, I'd be amazed and prospective customers would be disappointed.

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This image comes with the usual “pre production may vary...” disclaimers, but you can clearly see a tachometer on the left of the dash. If this holds, I wonder if it may speak to some differences between the implementation of the hybrid system and drive modes in PacHy vs 4xe.
Jeep Wrangler JL Will the plug-in hybrid Wrangler have a different dash instrument cluster? 4D32233F-DADD-4C03-9BC3-3A0544F2D201

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
It's hard to see but anyone with a PHEV, are you able to tell how many miles were driven in EV mode vs ICE?

Seems important for resale value or at least oil changes.

Let's say I drive to work 90% of the time and that's all on EV, that's not many miles on the ICE at all. Curious if there's a way to tell with the gauge cluster

Maller

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
Found this in an article the other day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Will the plug-in hybrid Wrangler have a different dash instrument cluster? 1599786280899

Sponsored

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
Found this in an article the other day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Will the plug-in hybrid Wrangler have a different dash instrument cluster? 1599786280899
honestly, that is such a terrible waste of space. You do not need thatch space for charge, especially on a PHEV. All that does is create range anxiety for people that are going to stare at it, it doesn't need to be any larger than a normal fuel gauge... that should be a speedometer.

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
honestly, that is such a terrible waste of space. You do not need thatch space for charge, especially on a PHEV. All that does is create range anxiety for people that are going to stare at it, it doesn't need to be any larger than a normal fuel gauge... that should be a speedometer.
And in the photo I posted above, that’s exactly what it is. Tach on the left, speedometer on the right. I hope that’s the version that makes it to production.

BTW, that other gauge isn’t a charge gauge as in “amount of charge remaining.” It’s a gauge that shows how much power you’re pulling from or putting into the battery. A horizontal needle represents “no” current flow. The needle swings upward as the battery supplies more and more power to the electric motor. The needle swings downward under regenerative braking. The harder you brake, the more it swings down. That’s why from 3 o’clock downward it says “charge” because it’s charging the battery. From 3 o’clock upward is labeled “Pwr %.”

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
And in the photo I posted above, that’s exactly what it is. Tach on the left, speedometer on the right. I hope that’s the version that makes it to production.

BTW, that other gauge isn’t a charge gauge as in “amount of charge remaining.” It’s a gauge that shows how much power you’re pulling from or putting into the battery. A horizontal needle represents “no” current flow. The needle swings upward as the battery supplies more and more power to the electric motor. The needle swings downward under regenerative braking. The harder you brake, the more it swings down. That’s why from 3 o’clock downward it says “charge” because it’s charging the battery. From 3 o’clock upward is labeled “Pwr %.”
Ah yes I see that, still should be smaller and better placed. But yes at least it isn’t battery / range.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
4XE brochure shows a cluster that is a mashup of the Wrangler and Pacifica clusters.
Sponsored