Will the Mojito color be rare?

JeepPozar

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 G35S
Ive noticed that the mojito color has been tough to find and prices seem to stay firm.. seems like dealership know this one won't budge much on price compare to other colors.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

Are you looking new or used?

If new, that color has been replaced by Sarge Green; if used, there’s a shortage of used vehicle at the moment due to the lockdowns at the plants, dealers and the auction yards, the rental companies not buying new vehicles and all that.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I believe they only had Mojito! for '18 and '19, so it will probably be rare. Does rare = desirable? Only to the right person.

OP
OP
JeepPozar

JeepPozar

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 G35S
Welcome to the forum!

Are you looking new or used?

If new, that color has been replaced by Sarge Green; if used, there’s a shortage of used vehicle at the moment due to the lockdowns at the plants, dealers and the auction yards, the rental companies not buying new vehicles and all that.
Thank you, im happy to be part of the forum.

Im looking for NEW OR USED, maybe I'm picky but I want mines with the matching hard top and fenders. (Rubicon)

I mean rare as is eye catcher, and if someone wants one they're going to have trouble finding one and once they find it the seller won't budge on their price cause not many were made compared to common colors. Im still on the hunt ...I'll find it.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Always had a hard time buying “vibrant” colors for cars. Much smaller audience when it comes time to resell. And the party that is looking for that specific vibrant color may not want to travel across the country to get one.

Just got a great deal lined up for a Ford Raptor, but it was blue. Backed out knowing it is a less desirable color than most others. Dealers will give you a song and dance when you go trade it in stating it’s not a color anyone wants and blah blah blah.

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Bright colors don’t seem to affect Wrangler resale values.
Based on dealer metrx and other dealer tools I have seen, they sit on the lot a bit longer than more common colors. So though you may see them at the same sell price, the actual trade in value offers dealer give appear to be a bit lower. Dealers know they’ll be sitting on yellow, orange, and bright green colors for a few weeks compared to others.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I believe they only had Mojito! for '18 and '19, so it will probably be rare. Does rare = desirable? Only to the right person.
They made it for 2020 up until around March. Unfortunately by last June they weren't making the green hardtops anymore, so if you wanted a hardtop you got a black one with the green jeep.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Thank you, im happy to be part of the forum.

Im looking for NEW OR USED, maybe I'm picky but I want mines with the matching hard top and fenders. (Rubicon)

I mean rare as is eye catcher, and if someone wants one they're going to have trouble finding one and once they find it the seller won't budge on their price cause not many were made compared to common colors. Im still on the hunt ...I'll find it.
2018 about 12k miles ....Fly out here ,pick it up , drive it home. ! Its a loaded Sahara,make me an offer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Will the Mojito color be rare? IMG_0628(1).JPG

Blueeyedme

First Name
DanO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I like the Mojito as well as probably would have ordered it that way had been available. As it turned out, I am really liking the Bikini we ordered. I guess you can't get that anymore either.

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
2018 about 12k miles ....Fly out here ,pick it up , drive it home. ! Its a loaded Sahara,make me an offer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Will the Mojito color be rare? IMG_0628(1).JPG
Those floor mats are going to help you fetch a pretty penny for that Jewel!

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Based on dealer metrx and other dealer tools I have seen, they sit on the lot a bit longer than more common colors. So though you may see them at the same sell price, the actual trade in value offers dealer give appear to be a bit lower. Dealers know they’ll be sitting on yellow, orange, and bright green colors for a few weeks compared to others.
That's definitely true. I got my Mojito Sport in July of 2019. It was built in October '18 and delivered to a dealer in PA where it sat for several months. It was swapped to the dealership we work with and it sat in their inventory for a few more months before I got it. I used that info as leverage to work a fair deal, since I knew it was already 10 months old and they were going to start building MY20 Wranglers a few weeks later. Being a base model and an uncommon color ultimately worked in my favor because the dealership knew they were having a hard time selling it, so finding someone like me who was interested was also rare (LOL).

Now as far as future resale goes, I might be in the same boat as the dealer someday, but I love this little Jeep and am not really sure it's going away any time soon.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Ah, Mojito... I should've driven the extra 200 miles to the dealer that had a Mojito for -less- than I paid for my black; 500 miles each way was just a bit much for a day trip... Now I spend my days thinking up ways to add green mods to my black Jeep.

Good luck with your search; I love that color. If you don't find one that works for you; I ran into this site while pondering my options.. https://www.colorxlabs.com/ they can make color-matched vinyl for vehicle wraps; depending on how desperate you are for that Mojito.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Yes indeed . Even certain colors may be deemed unsuitable in near future . There may be a cultural movement proclaiming how inapropriate certain color is . Right now we can already see certain colors being spelled with a capital letter and this trend may mutate even further into very unhealthy existence.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Mojito! color's popularity (or lack thereof) is either love it or hate it. Due to FCA only offering the color for just over 2 yrs., it will be sought after in the future by select people.

The first time a similar green was offered by Jeep on a Wrangler, was in 2003 and called Electric Lime Green. I bought a 2004 ELG TJ Rubicon and had it for many years. At the time, my local dealer refused to order any, as the GM didn't think they would sell very fast., so I took a road trip to buy it. My son (9yrs old) cried at the time I sold it as he thought it was going to be his when he turned 16.

To me, Mojito!, ELG, etc. is a color that wouldn't look good on most vehicles. But it just looks SO RIGHT on a Wrangler! When I bought my 2018, it was precipitated by the knowledge Jeep would limit this color to just a few years and I wanted to make sure I got mine! Since then, my '18 was given to my son (to fulfill the long ago promise that he would have my lime green Rubicon) and I once again found myself without a lime green Wrangler. When I found out Jeep stopped offering Mojito! in early 2020, the wife gave me the go ahead to buy a second one as I really didn't want any other color and wanted to have my own.

I'm glad it's not a popular color and is more rare. There's only a handful of them around where I live and it is always special to see another Mojito! on the road. It seems like the wave between two Mojito! JL drivers is extra special.
Sponsored