Sponsored

Will the JL share the new uconnect infotainment? I hope so.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Came across this on jalopnik when they where talking about the upcoming Dodge Demon ...

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 9.17.06 AM.png

But I sure hope the new Wrangler and Wrangler pickup come with something similar as the old uconnect leaves a lot to be desired.
Sponsored

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Agreed and some off road apps would be cool. Something along the lines of the SRT performance apps or towing info on Ram trucks. I hope they keep the UI simple and intuitive on the Wrangler as it is now, they just need to give it a few more bells and whistles and freshen up the aesthetics.

Milous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
The JL will indeed have the new 4th gen UConnect radios. Base radio will have a 5" screen, step-up a 7" screen, and 8.4" with and without navigation. More details will be posted here in the near future.

Chanchan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Discovery
Thank goodness, welcome to the 21st century, Wrangler. Will the base radio be touchscreen? Im assuming the 8.4 is going to lose the buttons unless the dashboard has been redesigned for a larger center stack.

Milous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Thank goodness, welcome to the 21st century, Wrangler. Will the base radio be touchscreen? Im assuming the 8.4 is going to lose the buttons unless the dashboard has been redesigned for a larger center stack.
5.0" is hard button. Redesigned dash will easily accommodate the 8.4".

Sponsored

MDWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, Dodge Journey, Toyota Corolla
will it have apple carplay so I can get around paying FCA 1000$ for something my phone can already do for free?

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I am hoping for the biggest possible touchscreen (8.4" or larger) with full Apple iPhone 8/X (launching September) compatibility from the start.

MrDinkMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
5.0" is hard button. Redesigned dash will easily accommodate the 8.4".
Good, so the standard radio straight out of the 90s will at least be replaced with a display screen?

And hope that they fill the dash with the gorgeous 8.4" Uconnect. Look at this compared to the current display!

2017-chrysler-pacifica-gallery-lb-08.jpg
2017_chrysler_pacifica_infotainment_system_ch017_079pf_720_0.jpg

Sad current one :(

32_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: JCC

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The new one is soooooo much better. I look at my current one and am amazed at how the interface looks like it was designed with 80s web design

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited, Future JT Pickup (hopefully)
So only the 8.4" can get nav? Makes me question what the point of the optional 7" screen is.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
So only the 8.4" can get nav? Makes me question what the point of the optional 7" screen is.
Apple or Android interface most likely. Or other apps. Most people are going away from in car nav since they already have that on their phones and want a large screen to show info from their phone within their cars. This also helps keep cell use hands free.
Sponsored