Sponsored

Will the JL ever get the JT front facing camera from the factory

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Does anyone know if Jeep will release the Front Facing camera as an option on the JL?"
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
i wonder if it would be an easy add for those older models. That would be super cool to have. Especially when wheeling without a spotter.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
i wonder if it would be an easy add for those older models. That would be super cool to have. Especially when wheeling without a spotter.
More than likely not as it'll have a separate ECU running the cameras.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Can you use a grill mounted wireless camera, run to a tablet/ phone mounted on dash, use separate fused power hook up ( power outlet )?
I see set ups for RVs, rear cameras done this way, so thought, " maybe"

Sponsored

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Can you use a grill mounted wireless camera, run to a tablet/ phone mounted on dash, use separate fused power hook up ( power outlet )?
I see set ups for RVs, rear cameras done this way, so thought, " maybe"
Lots of action cameras...cheap ones up to high end 4K models offer wifi...so you can make sure your target is in frame, to your smart phone or tablet...easy enough to mount one on the front and look at with your phone or tablet....rechargeable...easily removed...

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I wonder the same thing as to whether the JL will ever get the gladiator factory brake controller!!!?

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’m thinking of going this route now that I have a Tazer. I think you can do it cheaper, but I like how their cam attaches.
This is the one that I bought. I drilled one small hole in the bottom side of my front bumper. I do like the ZAutomotive upper grill mount better, but for $30 it was worth a try. Been working great. I wired the power lead up to AUX4 of my switch cluster and so it isn’t running unless I need it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P914PMY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This is the one that I bought. I drilled one small hole in the bottom side of my front bumper. I do like the ZAutomotive upper grill mount better, but for $30 it was worth a try. Been working great. I wired the power lead up to AUX4 of my switch cluster and so it isn’t running unless I need it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P914PMY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I certainly like the price much better. Did you happen to do a write up or anything? Does it come with everything you need to connect it? Also, assuming for operation, you choose cargo cam, then hit aux 4? I’m not sure how I’d get through the bumper, but I do find this an interesting alternative.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
If FCA releases just such a camera, will it work at the same time with their hood lock?

I was to understand, I hope incorrectly, the rig real estate occupied by the hood lock might prevent installation of the front camera.

I hope not.

If people desire such cameras for things like rock spotting or unique camera shots I completely get and respect that. If not, wouldn't a dash cam provide such features and better secure your rig at rest at the same time?

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I certainly like the price much better. Did you happen to do a write up or anything? Does it come with everything you need to connect it? Also, assuming for operation, you choose cargo cam, then hit aux 4? I’m not sure how I’d get through the bumper, but I do find this an interesting alternative.
I didn’t do a write up, but it wasn’t too hard. Worst part was pulling the dash in order to insert the RCA connector into the back of the display cable.

Yes, for operation I choose CARGO CAM and then hit AUX4. I connected the power to my AUX4 lead under the hood and simply ran the RCA through the firewall and behind the dash to connect with the ZAutomotive lead.

I have the factory metal bumper and so it was a simple hole to drill. I think that it was a 3/8” bit as I recall. Super easy.

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If people desire such cameras for things like rock spotting or unique camera shots I completely get and respect that. If not, wouldn't a dash cam provide such features and better secure your rig at rest at the same time?
A dash cam is typically too high when you are climbing slick rocks or cresting a hill. It’s tough to see over the front of the hood. A grill mounted camera really helps. Or in my case the camera is mounted below the bumper.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I wonder the same thing as to whether the JL will ever get the gladiator factory brake controller!!!?
I would assume not since the JL isn’t rated to tow nearly as much as the JT’s
Sponsored