Sponsored

Will the front grill of the Gladiator fit the Wrangler front end?

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
@raim314
What color are they? Black or gray? Thank you.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Looks like a good cheap swap to do. Always better to run cooler. Wonder if the 2020 JLs get the JT inserts.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered the inserts. Hopefully the Jeep will appreciate the extra cooling on the mountain passes and off-road trails here in Colorado.

Sponsored

SpadesGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Hello everyone, new here and a new Gladiator Sport S owner. I just bought a satin black oem grille. It ended up being for a Sahara, but it installed just fine today. I was not able to swap over the guts of the JT grille to the JL as pieces didn’t match up. The biggest one being that the JT has no headlight trim - it is part of the grille, whereas the JL isn’t. Other things like the little air dams on the 1st and 7th opening didn’t line up either.

I would like the proper JT inserts since I have the tow package, but I’m hesitant to buy the pieces from BAM because I’m not sure it will all work.

Also, I know I don’t have a JL, but this and one other thread here are the only places I’ve seen discussion on this issue.;)

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Hello everyone, new here and a new Gladiator Sport S owner. I just bought a satin black oem grille. It ended up being for a Sahara, but it installed just fine today. I was not able to swap over the guts of the JT grille to the JL as pieces didn’t match up. The biggest one being that the JT has no headlight trim - it is part of the grille, whereas the JL isn’t. Other things like the little air dams on the 1st and 7th opening didn’t line up either.

I would like the proper JT inserts since I have the tow package, but I’m hesitant to buy the pieces from BAM because I’m not sure it will all work.

Also, I know I don’t have a JL, but this and one other thread here are the only places I’ve seen discussion on this issue.;)
I retrofitted my JL just fine with the JT inserts. Not sure what problems you would have but willing to help you with questions.

SpadesGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I retrofitted my JL just fine with the JT inserts. Not sure what problems you would have but willing to help you with questions.
I think the big issue is that the JT Sport S grille doesn’t have the headlight insert like the JL one does, and that those said inserts are attached to the insert between the grille itself and the honeycomb insert on top. This is all preventing it from fitting. I’m not sure what the proper terms are - I can see this being confusing.

im not sure what I need to make it work. It seems like I don’t need anything from what I read here, but something isn’t right.

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)

Sport and Rubicon/Sahara have different grills and the inserts are not interchangeable. The JT does have headlight trim, but only on the Overland/Rubicon trims.

SpadesGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport and Rubicon/Sahara have different grills and the inserts are not interchangeable. The JT does have headlight trim, but only on the Overland/Rubicon trims.
So then I would just need to get Overland/Rubicon JT Honeycomb inserts?

Sponsored

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
So then I would just need to get Overland/Rubicon JT Honeycomb inserts?
That depends on what your Sahara grill came with. Did it come with the headlight and grill trim rings (the parts painted silver from the factory)? You will need those parts as well as what people posted above for the gladiator-specific grill mesh to make it work. The mesh sections and the trim rings are separate pieces.
Looks like quadratec stocks the Gladiator mesh now for the Overland/Rubicon grill shape. You can see the menu toggle for with/without factory trim rings which switches between the pieces for Sport grills and Rubicon/Overland.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/grille-inserts-gladiator-jt/driver-section-accent

SpadesGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That depends on what your Sahara grill came with. Did it come with the headlight and grill trim rings (the parts painted silver from the factory)? You will need those parts as well as what people posted above for the gladiator-specific grill mesh to make it work. The mesh sections and the trim rings are separate pieces.
Looks like quadratec stocks the Gladiator mesh now for the Overland/Rubicon grill shape. You can see the menu toggle for with/without factory trim rings which switches between the pieces for Sport grills and Rubicon/Overland.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/grille-inserts-gladiator-jt/driver-section-accent
Here is a pic of the JL grille before install.
Yes, there are rings but they’re also connected to the insert between the grille and the mesh.

AC3ED002-F829-461E-A9AD-7D34D5586734.jpeg

1583DF9F-FDA0-42DC-91D4-799046764890.jpeg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
There's more going on in the JT than just these inserts, I hope people aren't trying to tow 7,000 lbs after a simple plastic mesh piece changeout.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
From the pictures, it looks like the mesh screen is different and the red one has a deeper recess? Its a little difficult to tell for sure from the different angles.

I was just going off of what was written in this article:
https://jalopnik.com/the-engineering-behind-the-jeep-gladiators-tow-rating-1833657453
So I skimmed through this article and found it interesting that both the grille inserts and the radiator fan are cross usable for bothering the JL and JT except that the JT radiator fan has the option for a 850w fan. Would that have a steeper draw on the alternator or that wouldn’t mater at all? I’m just wanting better air flow in general for my JL.

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
So I skimmed through this article and found it interesting that both the grille inserts and the radiator fan are cross usable for bothering the JL and JT except that the JT radiator fan has the option for a 850w fan. Would that have a steeper draw on the alternator or that wouldn’t mater at all? I’m just wanting better air flow in general for my JL.
600w/12v=50Amps, 850w/12v=70.83Amps, 20Amps more, but that at full speed which only lasts a few mins, im pretty sure its fine since light bars pull 20amps easy, im also looking for better air flow/lower temps.

There is the 240 alternator that comes with the fans in the tow package, but i cant find any specs on the output at idle, i would like to get a high output alternator, tuffstuff makes a 250amp one that outputs 200amps at idle but its for the jk, if it fits the jl then thats a good upgrade, 200a x 12v is 2400watts of power at idle.
Sponsored