Sponsored

Will the dealership add a mopar lift/labor to the finance?

halcyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I will send a few inquiries but I was just wondering if anyone had experience financing parts that have not been installed on the Jeep. I would love to add the Mopar 2Inch lift kit to my financing but would also like a set of All terrains as well. Should I ask about this before or after financing?

I know that FCA offers the DrivePlus card which is always a option, but I will probably just buy the parts outright since I don't want to apply for a credit card.
Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I will send a few inquiries but I was just wondering if anyone had experience financing parts that have not been installed on the Jeep. I would love to add the Mopar 2Inch lift kit to my financing but would also like a set of All terrains as well. Should I ask about this before or after financing?

I know that FCA offers the DrivePlus card which is always a option, but I will probably just buy the parts outright since I don't want to apply for a credit card.
Yes they will if you make it part of the original purchase. But you are paying heavily by adding it to the deal unless get pting less than a 4% interest rate.

OP
OP

halcyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Yes they will if you make it part of the original purchase. But you are paying heavily by adding it to the deal unless get pting less than a 4% interest rate.
Gotcha. Yes I generally have a 6% interest rate. Just wondering would if I did want to buy it, I would have to add this to my finance application right? In other words, If my finance is approved just for the vehicle I can't go back and add it in?

I guess the better approach will be CC, and I assume that's how most people will pay

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Gotcha. Yes I generally have a 6% interest rate. Just wondering would if I did want to buy it, I would have to add this to my finance application right? In other words, If my finance is approved just for the vehicle I can't go back and add it in?

I guess the better approach will be CC, and I assume that's how most people will pay
I would consider installing it yourself and buying the kit online for around $1K. I have seen the kit used for $700-800 as well. There are many online (Youtube) tutorials that walk you through the install start to finish and while it is time consumer, it is pretty straightforward. Just need a couple good set of wrenches, and a breaker bar and torgque wrench.

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
You can put it towards the financing or just pay the dealership to do it on a separate bill. If you do decide to spring for it, it is a really smooth ride compared to some lifts and have heard it from a few passengers as well. Plus it gave me closer to 3 inches which i'm sure will settle at some point.
I'd agree with Thill on his thoughts too... but with me I've learned FCA is the worst for warranty work and I wanted to give them the least ammunition possible to bounce back on.

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

Yes, put it in the app upfront. The great thing about doing it this way is that whatever the dealer does before you take possession is covered under factory warranty.

OP
OP

halcyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I would consider installing it yourself and buying the kit online for around $1K. I have seen the kit used for $700-800 as well. There are many online (Youtube) tutorials that walk you through the install start to finish and while it is time consumer, it is pretty straightforward. Just need a couple good set of wrenches, and a breaker bar and torgque wrench.
I think if they give the kit at $500-600 labor I might have to take it because of the warranty.

Yes, put it in the app upfront. The great thing about doing it this way is that whatever the dealer does before you take possession is covered under factory warranty.
Got it. Thank You.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I think if they give the kit at $500-600 labor I might have to take it because of the warranty.

Got it. Thank You.

Got it. Thank You.
I got my Mopar 2" lift installed for a total of $950

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
Anyone know what the invoice price is on the Mopar 2" lift? If the retail price is ~$1500, I would assume the wholesale would be $1000 or less. Add in 2.5-3 hours labor @ ~$125/hour is around $350.
Sponsored