Sponsored

Will the 4xe be unusable in hot weather?!

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
This seems good proof of real world endurance, but I can’t wrap my head around how these batteries stay cool in a hot car. Once it’s running the coolant system should help, but off it’s just soaking up heat. Maybe the seats help insulate it?
Good to see these seem to be holding up in abusive conditions.
The radiator runs even if the car is off if it needs to. With temps in the 90s here we find the batteries cooling themselves at all kinds of random times. Neighbor called me at 3 am one day when it was charging to tell me that I left the car on cause he heard it running when he was out walking his dogs.
Sponsored

Oceanic

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
Mine works fine in Florida summertime conditions.

If it's parked in the sun, sometimes, the available range ticks up a little after the battery is actively cooled, but for the most part temperature (at least in a place with middle 90s air temps and intense sun) is not an issue.

NebulaPHEVJeep

First Name
Nebula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR 4xe
I live in Phoenix and was thinking about buying a 4xe this fall..... it looks like the 4xe will refuse to start if the batteries are over 131 F and it's not plugged in. The batteries are in the passenger compartment, and that temperature is reached in an hour or less parked in the summer sun here. Am I missing something? I could understand if the batteries can't be used or charged when they're that hot...

I just got back from doing Black Gap Road BoH in southern TX with an air temp of 115°F and did the entire trail in Full Electric mode with no issues.

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
Now they don't work in HOT weather EITHER? LOL!
Sponsored