Sponsored

Will Sahara fender flares fit on a Rubicon?

tanyet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC
I know this is sacrilege but I like the lower look of the Sahara flares even with bigger tires. I know the higher flares will work on all models but I wasn't sure about the Sahara flares. EDIT: fit in title.
Sponsored

Last edited:

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
They will fit stock but the concern would be the bigger tires, and not sure how easy it would be to trim the ends. 35’s or smaller I would imagine you’ll be fine.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is sacrilege but I like the lower look of the Sahara flares even with bigger tires. I know the higher flares will work on all models but I wasn't sure about the Sahara flares. EDIT: fit in title.
You might want to check out the MOAB edition. Its got the beefy tires with Sahara fenders.

That is unless you're going for all the Rubicon hardware.

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
It is a sacrilege yes, Lol. In my case having a Sahara would like to have the Rubicon fenders. Though, according to the pictures I saw, in Europe all Jls comes with the lower fenders, including the Rubicon.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It is a sacrilege yes, Lol. In my case having a Sahara would like to have the Rubicon fenders. Though, according to the pictures I saw, in Europe all Jls comes with the lower fenders, including the Rubicon.
I think the Euro Rubicon has a smaller KO2 tire as well.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
You could check that the part numbers for the body panels, that the flares attach to, are the same between the Rubicon and the Sahara. If they match, then the flares will fit. However, if they don't match that doesn't prove that they won't fit, it just means that you're back to wondering if they might fit.

PS ... look along the top right hand side of this thread ... just a little lower than the title line. Because you are the OP, you'll find a "Thread Tools" and the normally seen "Watch Thread" button. Click on the "Thread Tools" button and then the "Edit Title" button to change the thread title.

OP
OP

tanyet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC
Thanks 47Jeepster. I had assumed the board locked title edits.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate the information. I basically want a Sahara with factory lockers but since that isn't available I figured I might go with the Rubicon and trade flares with someone. That should be a good deal for someone wanting larger ones. I just 100% sure they would fit even though I know the Euro models have them. Most information I've seen says the Sahara should be able to handle the 33s too.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks 47Jeepster. I had assumed the board locked title edits.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I appreciate the information. I basically want a Sahara with factory lockers but since that isn't available I figured I might go with the Rubicon and trade flares with someone. That should be a good deal for someone wanting larger ones. I just 100% sure they would fit even though I know the Euro models have them.
I think once you see a Rubicon in person (if you haven't already) you'll notice they don't quite look the same as the Jeep.com renderings. For some reason the build and price fenders look a lot higher than they do in person.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tanyet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC
I think once you see a Rubicon in person (if you haven't already) you'll notice they don't quite look the same as the Jeep.com renderings. For some reason the build and price fenders look a lot higher than they do in person.
Good to know. I'm heading to a dealer this afternoon.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. I'm heading to a dealer this afternoon.
And if you still don't like it, then I'm pretty sure it won't be a big deal to swap out with Sahara Fenders. The only issue I can think of is wether or not the paint continues past the fender and down the body. I'm pretty sure anyone that's swapped out their fenders will be able to answer that.
Sponsored