Sponsored

Will rubicon fender flare halogen lamp plug into sport harness?

SB2008

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
trying to find a way to adapt rubi fenders that had led lamps to the sport model. If the rubi halogens will plug into sport this would fix my issue.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yes, but you could also just replace the wiring harness from the light to the body wiring connector.

OP
OP

SB2008

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Yes, but you could also just replace the wiring harness from the light to the body wiring connector.
I have Rubi flares which at one time housed the oem led option lights, my current sport s halogen lights do not fit in the flare, they are smaller. I was wondering if I were to find oem Rubi halogen park/turn lamps would these plug(play) right into the harness socket of the jeep where it disconnects to remove the flare, and are the Rubi halogen fender lamps the same size as the Rubi led fender lamps.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I have Rubi flares which at one time housed the oem led option lights, my current sport s halogen lights do not fit in the flare, they are smaller. I was wondering if I were to find oem Rubi halogen park/turn lamps would these plug(play) right into the harness socket of the jeep where it disconnects to remove the flare, and are the Rubi halogen fender lamps the same size as the Rubi led fender lamps.
Yes, the halogen and LED rubi fender lamps are the same size. Which wiring connector are you talking about exactly? The ones inside of the engine bay? They are identical between the LED and halogen, up to that point. The harness that is located in the fenders is different, so you’ll need the one that goes with the halogen lights.

OP
OP

SB2008

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Yes, the halogen and LED rubi fender lamps are the same size. Which wiring connector are you talking about exactly? The ones inside of the engine bay? They are identical between the LED and halogen, up to that point. The harness that is located in the fenders is different, so you’ll need the one that goes with the halogen lights.
my sport harness is aprox 3' long(from lamp to connector plug) and the connection is basically right in front of you when the flare is removed and is easily accessed from the outside of the jeep w/o having to go under the hood. it is a single row 6 pin plug.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
my sport harness is aprox 3' long(from lamp to connector plug) and the connection is basically right in front of you when the flare is removed and is easily accessed from the outside of the jeep w/o having to go under the hood. it is a single row 6 pin plug.
Yep, that’s the one. You need that wiring harness that is associates with the rubicon lights, whether they are led or halogen doesn’t matter.

OP
OP

SB2008

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Yep, that’s the one. You need that wiring harness that is associates with the rubicon lights, whether they are led or halogen doesn’t matter.
Great, thank you the knowledge! I'm guessint the rubi lights have a 3ft ish harness also which runs from the lamp and would just plug right into my connector?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Great, thank you the knowledge! I'm guessint the rubi lights have a 3ft ish harness also which runs from the lamp and would just plug right into my connector?
Yep, but it ends in 2 plug sockets instead of just one.