Sponsored

Will Rubicon 4XE have the range I need for highway commute?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Range should plunge on EV in the cold. Most EV cars drop 30-40% on EV range in the cold.
Be interesting to see how it fairs since it has it's own conditioning system that maintains temp.
Sponsored

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
The battery is also tucked up warm in the cabin. If you have a garage and keep the doors closed, I dont think cold will be the issue. Cabin heat is my worry. We all have forgotten to crack the windows on a hot sunny day.

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I’m considering a 4xe and have a few questions.
my drive is 42 miles round. 30% city, 70% highway.
When I’m on the highway will it run in battery mode only or will it kick into hybrid?

Also can I save the battery mode for when I get off the highway and the city portion is The tail end to work and then it’s the beginning of my trip home.

trying to decide if I should keep my gas guzzling 3.6(18.5 mpg) or go with 2.0 t or 4xe.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
I’m considering a 4xe and have a few questions.
my drive is 42 miles round. 30% city, 70% highway.
When I’m on the highway will it run in battery mode only or will it kick into hybrid?

Also can I save the battery mode for when I get off the highway and the city portion is The tail end to work and then it’s the beginning of my trip home.

trying to decide if I should keep my gas guzzling 3.6(18.5 mpg) or go with 2.0 t or 4xe.
You could save your battery but I am not sure if it would actually make your overall MPG better. On the highway it will generally stay in battery to 70-75 mph. Can't remember the exact number. At 42 miles you would get a little over half your commute taken care of by the battery. I am guessing you can not charge at work. You would do a little better on the Sahara. Honestly I would keep the 3.6 if trying to save money is an issue. The 4xe is not an economical car by any means and the cost of a new one buys lots of gas.

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Thanks Shasta. Yes at the moment charging at work isn’t at option.
with the tax credit and the value of my Jeep I end up anywhere from breaking even to paying about $3000 to upgrade To a 4xe.
Trying to justify a little bit better gas mileage but I also enjoyed how my previous 2.0 etorque handled and accelerated.
the v6 feels like I’m driving a truck and I’m a more spirited driver…
Sponsored