Sponsored

Will putting a Rubicon suspension on my sport void my warranty?

Rcash609

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Ok I am wanting to buy a rubicon suspension and have someone that’s going to sell theirs. I told them I’d get it if it didn’t void my warranty on my JL. I ask the dealership and the service guy said he asked his manager and he said it would void the warranty because of the axles are engineered differently from the rubicon and the sport. I then asked him if I purchased the Mopar lift kit if it would void the warranty and he said that it would not. So I am confused and can anyone tell me if a rubicon suspension on a sport will void the warranty?
Sponsored

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I'd bet that if the Rubicon shocks were painted black.....no one would even notice anything. It was very common to swap out JK springs for higher rated Rubicon springs....It doesn't surprise me that people at the dealership have no idea what they are talking about....Obviously if they would order a non Rubicon shock if one of yours was leaking.....it would be a factory part based on the VIN, but wouldn't effect anything else.

We were told our Charger Scat Pack which had about 14k on it at about a year old, needed a new suspension at 2500 bucks because they couldn't align it......said maybe its lowered.....I said no its not.......then told something was bent......asked what was bent......he said i don't know something must be.......called Dodge Corporate.....the K member cradle was misaligned from the factory. Took to another dealer under Dodge Corp request, hour later all alignment in spec.....no charge.

OP
OP
Rcash609

Rcash609

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I'd bet that if the Rubicon shocks were painted black.....no one would even notice anything. It was very common to swap out JK springs for higher rated Rubicon springs....It doesn't surprise me that people at the dealership have no idea what they are talking about....Obviously if they would order a non Rubicon shock if one of yours was leaking.....it would be a factory part based on the VIN, but wouldn't effect anything else.

We were told our Charger Scat Pack which had about 14k on it at about a year old, needed a new suspension at 2500 bucks because they couldn't align it......said maybe its lowered.....I said no its not.......then told something was bent......asked what was bent......he said i don't know something must be.......called Dodge Corporate.....the K member cradle was misaligned from the factory. Took to another dealer under Dodge Corp request, hour later all alignment in spec.....no charge.
I just got off the phone with jeep and after being on hold a few minutes the lady did say it would in fact void my powertrain warranty if I put the rubicon suspension on there. She said because it’s not the original parts that came on it was why. But I still don’t undertstand that if I buy the Mopar lift kit it wouldn’t void the warranty. Oh well I think I will research this more. I don’t want to jeopardize voiding the powertrain warranty though. I think it’s ridiculous though. A perfectly good rubicon suspension with 150 miles on it and I can’t use it. Smh.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
You are looking for assurances from FCA or dealers you aren’t going to ever get. Of course they are going to cover their ass. Your sensible counter regarding a Mopar lift is too much for them to comprehend. Easiest thing to do is, if your location allows, is find a mod friendly dealer. Anyone of them with half a brain won’t even consider a rubi suspension a mod.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Nobody from FCA is going to give you the warm fuzzy on this. The party line they toe is "as built" or dealer installed approved MOPAR parts/accessories.

In the real world. other than the shocks being red, the springs will have FCA hang tags with OEM part numbers and most dealer techs will not know the difference. So unless you bring it in for something actually related to one of the installed Rubicon parts, they will not even blink or think twice about it.

I did the Rubicon parts swap on my two prior JK's and was never mentioned in any dealership service interaction. I have a set of Rubicon take offs sitting in my garage for my JL just looking for time and weather to do it and I am not going to sweat it once done.

Sponsored

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Nobody from FCA is going to give you the warm fuzzy on this. The party line they toe is "as built" or dealer installed approved MOPAR parts/accessories.

In the real world. other than the shocks being red, the springs will have FCA hang tags with OEM part numbers and most dealer techs will not know the difference. So unless you bring it in for something actually related to one of the installed Rubicon parts, they will not even blink or think twice about it.

I did the Rubicon parts swap on my two prior JK's and was never mentioned in any dealership service interaction. I have a set of Rubicon take offs sitting in my garage for my JL just looking for time and weather to do it and I am not going to sweat it once done.
I would think most dealer techs see altered/lifted jeep they look, it's what I do every time. As long as the lift didnt cause the issue I'm working on, I dont care. We see all sorts of lifts, spacers, aftermarket add ons, it's kind of cool to see what some people do.

OP
OP
Rcash609

Rcash609

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I would think most dealer techs see altered/lifted jeep they look, it's what I do every time. As long as the lift didnt cause the issue I'm working on, I dont care. We see all sorts of lifts, spacers, aftermarket add ons, it's kind of cool to see what some people do.
Yeah that’s what I was wondering about. I mean if I had a problem with the engine or transmission and my powertrain warranty is voided because I put a rubicon suspension on my sport just doesn’t make sense to me. I really want to put the suspension on my sport but don’t wanna get my warranty voided because of it. It doesn’t make sense I can buy the lift kit from Mopar that’s a grand plus installation and the warranty is fine but I can’t have a rubicon suspension installed onto my sport and keep my warranty.
Sponsored