scottijohn63

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I have a Sahara with a 2-inch Mopar lift on 35-inch Generals. My garage door is a standard 7-ft high. There are about 5 inches left of clearance.

A photo is worth a thousand words.
20211110_124420.jpg
With your info I was able to determine I will have about an inch of clearance! Thanks so much!
Sponsored

OP
OP
scottijohn63

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. I thought everyone knew this. We learned this when I was 18 months old. I knew this before I even knew what numbers were. Or string for that matter.
This forum is so awesome! Where else can you post such a vague question yet get the exact answer you need. Thanks all!

Last edited:

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sahara with a 2-inch Mopar lift on 35-inch Generals. My garage door is a standard 7-ft high. There are about 5 inches left of clearance.

A photo is worth a thousand words.
20211110_124420.jpg
Do you climb out the window or use the Jaws of life?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Do you climb out the window or use the Jaws of life?
Nah, there’s plenty of room.

I purposely parked right under the doorway for the OP to see how much clearance he is likely to have.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, there’s plenty of room.

I purposely parked right under the doorway for the OP to see how much clearance he is likely to have.
Just another yes for you. Mopar 2.0 and 35's and standard garage doors 7ft. When I switch to 37's will still have maybe 2 inches left.

Rain Rain go away..jpg

OP
OP
scottijohn63

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just another yes for you. Mopar 2.0 and 35's and standard garage doors 7ft. When I switch to 37's will still have maybe 2 inches left.

Jeep Wrangler JL Will my jeep fit in my garage? Rain Rain go away
Could you send some of that rain our way? We really need it!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Could you send some of that rain our way? We really need it!
I wish I could. The west has been drying up and burning up for some time. Those storms that have been coming in from the Pineapple express your way has been raining but like they say it takes a flood to end a drought. In 2015 into 2016 Texas had big drought our lakes went way down. Then following spring, we had like 35 inches of rain and overfilled lakes then. But it broke the drought.

Sponsored

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
It’s better when it’s tight…
Seriously though, look out for that metal bar that hangs off the door where it attaches to the opener. That’s what always gets me. If I have my hood open on my CJ and open the door it hits it. If my CJ had paint on it I’d be pissed! One of these days I’ll get around to cutting that bar off…

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This year we had the driest June, July and August on record, followed by the wettest September and October. November is lining up to be a record, too.

Early this month we had a “Bomb” cyclone, with the lowest atmospheric pressure ever recorded in the NE Pacific; now there’s an “atmospheric river” moving in. It just started to pour an hour ago; it will go on for the next several days.

The ski slopes got a nice base; they thought they’d be opening ski season early. But now the snow has turned into rain again, promising to erase a couple feet off the base.

OP
OP
scottijohn63

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This year we had the driest June, July and August on record, followed by the wettest September and October. November is lining up to be a record, too.

Early this month we had a “Bomb” cyclone, with the lowest atmospheric pressure ever recorded in the NE Pacific; now there’s an “atmospheric river” moving in. It just started to pour an hour ago; it will go on for the next several days.

The ski slopes got a nice base; they thought they’d be opening ski season early. But now the snow has turned into rain again, promising to erase a couple feet off the base.
We received an 1 1/4 a couple of weeks ago. Nice amount since a lot would have caused mud slide from a fire north of Santa Barbara. Our reservoirs are pretty low!
Sponsored