NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a guy looking to buy my sport wheels will my JL wheels fit on his 2018 JK?
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Yes. Not sure if he will need lug nuts or not. Someone more versed in the JL could answer.

F999D22C-EC24-4A8A-961D-678035E67CF3.jpeg

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
anyone know what lugs he would need

policecaninewpd

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I was told today that jl wheels will fit jk but you have to have the jl lug nuts. Does anyone know for sure?? I hate to buy jl wheels and they don’t match up.

Sponsored

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was told today that jl wheels will fit jk but you have to have the jl lug nuts. Does anyone know for sure?? I hate to buy jl wheels and they don’t match up.
The lug pattern/spacing is the same, however the studs and lug nuts are different from the JK to the JL. The JL is 14x1.5mm and the JK was 1/2”-20 I believe. In short, the wheels themself will fit, just reuse the lugnuts from your vehicle.

PadreFreddie

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Alfredo Marrero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door, 3.6 manual
Assuming you're buying something like JL Rubicon take off's on E-BAY that run from $800 to $1,000, for way less money, you can buy a NEW set of wider aftermarket wheels in Quadratec or a similar site that will allow you to run bigger tires without the need of any type of spacers which can be unsafe in certain situations as it's well documented in these forums.:computerrage:

Last edited:

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
without the need of any type of spacers which can be unsafe in certain situations as it's well documented in these forums.:computerrage:
Unsafe? For example? I have run quality wheel spacers on many Jeeps over the years and never had a problem. Just curious what I missed.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Unsafe? For example? I have run quality wheel spacers on many Jeeps over the years and never had a problem. Just curious what I missed.
I agree. No safety issues with properly installed spacers. In fact, I've never heard off a failure with Spidertrax or Synergy spacers.

The only failures that I have seen, or heard of, where with cheap Chinese knockoff brands. Usually due to improper installation or faulty lugs.

On the Wrangler Forum a member was in a major wreck. Front end smashed in, axle snapped, and wheel shattered into pieces/flew off. The spacer that the wheel was attached to was in one piece still attached to the axle. The spacers are stronger than the wheel that is attached to them...

PadreFreddie

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Alfredo Marrero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I'm no engineer but I'm not taking the chance on either a cheap or expensive spacer. My advice to anyone is as follows, don't go cheap on anything that your life or somebody else's life is riding on such as tires, wheels and overall, stay away from any type of adapter that can fly off or break as you're climbing over a rock or doing 60 mph down the highway. I know that the peanut gallery will jump on this and tell all kinds of stories about the space shuttle having spacers and all that bull shit. Me, I'm not putting spacers on my shit.

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So, no first hand experience, just internet tales. Got it.

PadreFreddie

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Alfredo Marrero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, no first hand experience, just internet tales. Got it.
See, what did I say about the peanut gallery?.....lol! It's not about first hand experience, to me it's about common sense. Common sense tells you that you don't have to first hand experience something to know it's not good for you. I just leave it at that, enjoy your spacers and good luck with them. :)

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You say they are not good, it’s commons sense, yet provide no examples. Like I said in post #9, I have ran quality spacers (SpiderTrax) on several Jeeps for YEARS without issue. Common sense and experience tells me they are fine. A lot of noobs search this site for info, just don’t want hearsay and rumors past along as truth. Take care.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
In a perfect world I'd never run spacers, but I've been in some less than perfect scenarios that spacers were "needed" for a particular look :)

I'm in a perfect world now though, so no spacers now or in my foreseeable future :)

It is a part that is a critical connection to your vehicle and 20 extra fasteners that potentially could fail, but there are high quality spacers that have a proven track record. Anything can fail if installed/maintained improperly so there's that.

Like hubcentric wheels, sure the adapters can make it "almost" hubcentric, but I'd rather get them right from the start :)
Sponsored