Sponsored

Will JK fogs work in a JL Sport plastic bumper?

BigJimSlade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I searched but didn't find the answer. I found a set of JK amber LED fogs on Amazon and I'm curious whether they'd be a direct swap into my JL Sport plastic bumper. Thoughts?

Screenshot_20190126-161128_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Sponsored

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I believe there are two different kinds of brackets. Some have 3 bolts and others have 4. I have the plastic bumper on my Rubi and it looks like my JW speaker fogs will bolt right in as I have the 4 bolt.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I believe there are two different kinds of brackets. Some have 3 bolts and others have 4. I have the plastic bumper on my Rubi and it looks like my JW speaker fogs will bolt right in as I have the 4 bolt.
There are 3-4 different ones actually, the sport uses it’s own special 3 screw arrangement, Sahara/Rubicon plastic bumpers use 4 for both the halogen and LED fogs, but the exact spacing of the holes may be different, I haven’t been able to see exactly. The Rubicon steel bumper uses a 2 hole mount on one side of the light.

The answer to OP’s question is no they will not fit without doing some drilling or tapping screws straight into the plastic of the bumper.

OP
OP
BigJimSlade

BigJimSlade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
20190202_205454.jpg
20190202_205446.jpg
I decided to try some dual color LED bulbs for the fogs. So far so good. I have some more adjusting to do, but I think they'll work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BigJimSlade

BigJimSlade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
How does that work exactly?
When I first turn them on they're one color, and when I turn them off and back on again they're the other color. No extra switches or Bluetooth or any of that nonsense.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
When I first turn them on they're one color, and when I turn them off and back on again they're the other color. No extra switches or Bluetooth or any of that nonsense.
That’s actually pretty cool. I’ve gotta ask though, why does it look like the white lights are slanted one way and the yellow the other?

OP
OP
BigJimSlade

BigJimSlade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That’s actually pretty cool. I’ve gotta ask though, why does it look like the white lights are slanted one way and the yellow the other?
I believe it's because the bulbs have two sets of LEDs, one for white and one for yellow, so the slight difference in LED position has an impact on the pattern. I'm going to try to get the best possible pattern on yellow since that's what I like from fogs.
Sponsored