Sponsored

Will I notice a major change in vehicle tracking with steering stabilizer?

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
How do you guys turn off the annoying low tire pressure alert? Tazer?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
How do you guys turn off the annoying low tire pressure alert? Tazer?
The Tazer can be used to either shut the system off completely, or leave it on with a lower alert threshold. It adjusts down to 25psi.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Wife doesn't like the slight wander on a 2021 JLU Rubicon. I have no experience with a steering stabilizer. Will I notice a major change in vehicle tracking? Recommended manufacture's?
Anyone have a coupon code for allmoparparts? That $45 shipping is pretty steep :bandit:

I just picked up my 21 JLUR last night and it was extremely windy on the way home. I was surprised at how much I had to be correcting my steering. Going to give the Mopar LCA's a shot!

We're sorry to hear about these steering concerns in your 2021 Jeep Wranglers. We would like to ensure that this information is passed on to the appropriate teams. Please send our team a private message with your VIN and mileage.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
We're sorry to hear about these steering concerns in your 2021 Jeep Wranglers. We would like to ensure that this information is passed on to the appropriate teams. Please send our team a private message with your VIN and mileage.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Hi Darlene,

No biggie for now, I'll try some easy fixes. There's other people on these threads who really have problems much greater than mine. We know the profit margin on Rubicon's is way over the market average. Please put some of that profit back to help others. Thanks for replying though! Wasn't expecting that.

Sponsored

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Received the LCA's today. What is the correct torque spec? I don't want to mess this up.:)

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Received the LCA's today. What is the correct torque spec? I don't want to mess this up.:)
The real battle is getting them loosened, rather than tightened. :)

SJSRubicon

First Name
Sheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Anyone have a coupon code for allmoparparts? That $45 shipping is pretty steep :bandit:

I just picked up my 21 JLUR last night and it was extremely windy on the way home. I was surprised at how much I had to be correcting my steering. Going to give the Mopar LCA's a shot!
Did this work for you? Same issue and more noticeable wandering going down a mountain curvy freeway. Constant both hand gripping the wheel to constantly correct. Actually frightening me as the drop off was at least 1000ā€™ on the other side of the guard rail.

Sponsored

hurricanes99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had the exact same issues. Even with the cast iron steering box it didn't steer correctly. I called it flighty(ish) on the highway. I made two changes that transformed my Jeep. [I was just marveling at the steering while out this morning]

• Replace your lower front control arms with the Mopar fixed-length ones ($60 for the pair), that are .25" longer than stock, to correct your caster. If you plan to lift the jeep, you'll need slightly longer adjustable control arms ($200-$300) to compensate further for the lift.
  • I was having a delay in my steering wheel recentering after adding a lift. I added a TeraFlex Falcon pass-through steering stablizer and the recentering problem was INSTANTLY fixed.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/big-driving-improvement-after-lca-swap.54439/

But...I'd only do the LCAs to begin. I was given this sage advice here on this forum and it worked like a charm. It was almost a abracadabra presto moment when I first tested it post-fix. You'll feel the difference in the first quarter mile. It's not a subtle change; it's transformative.
That's exactly the advise i was looking for. I have a stock 2018 JLUR with the exception of wheels and 35" trail grapplers. I have the new AB Box, track bar & damper (just replaced couple of weeks ago). Still have some wandering at highway speeds, but otherwise the new damper has helped when hitting pot holes and other irregularities that would unsettle it pretty bad with the original damper. I want to get the steering figured out before i do a lift. Debating on adjustable lower control arms since i do plan to lift at some point. I'm guessing most of the adjustable lca's would still work from a length stand point on a stock rubicon? Meaning when they are set to the shortest distance that wouldn't be a fitment issue? I probably won't go any more that 2" or 2 1/2".

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's exactly the advise i was looking for. I have a stock 2018 JLUR with the exception of wheels and 35" trail grapplers. I have the new AB Box, track bar & damper (just replaced couple of weeks ago). Still have some wandering at highway speeds, but otherwise the new damper has helped when hitting pot holes and other irregularities that would unsettle it pretty bad with the original damper. I want to get the steering figured out before i do a lift. Debating on adjustable lower control arms since i do plan to lift at some point. I'm guessing most of the adjustable lca's would still work from a length stand point on a stock rubicon? Meaning when they are set to the shortest distance that wouldn't be a fitment issue? I probably won't go any more that 2" or 2 1/2".
Yes, you can set the adjustable LCAs to 24.0ā€ (OEM length). Iā€™d start by downloading a free angle finder app and measuring your caster. Youā€™ll find directions on this forum. Itā€™s a 60 second job. The sweet spot is to get your caster to 6-7 degrees (mine is 6.5)

hurricanes99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yes, you can set the adjustable LCAs to 24.0ā€ (OEM length). Iā€™d start by downloading a free angle finder app and measuring your caster. Youā€™ll find directions on this forum. Itā€™s a 60 second job. The sweet spot is to get your caster to 6-7 degrees (mine is 6.5)
Thanks for the response. I will do that.

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Just one more positive response that my jeep was still wandering after the steering box change and new LCA's fixed it (MOPAR, I might go adjustable later). Best $75 I've spent on the Jeep.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
One more thing. In terms of LCA length, a little goes a long way.
Stock = 24.0" long
MOPAR fixed length (from 2" lift kit") = 24.25" long
My adjustables are set at 24.375"

You had mention 2.0-2.5". You'll never need that much more length.
Sponsored

Last edited: