Sponsored

Will Diesel Wrangler be Affected by Jeep and Ram's Alleged Diesel Cheating?

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I wish we could get some conclusive info from the new administration soon regarding if the Diesel engine will be available at launch.

If FCA calls the White House, and announces that ANY number of jobs for any part or process will be returning to America, in exchange for diesel permission, trump will take it just to brag about the domestic job creation.

Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
FYI: Not sure anyone here is aware of this.. but there are several companies who have been swapping VW diesel engine into the Current and past Jeep wrangler.. My thought on this, is that apparently someone from the EPA grabbed what they thought was a stock jeep and gave it a failing grade without actually looking under the hood to see that it has the (Cheating) VW TDI engines instead..
Let's hope this piece of info yields a Diesel engine at launch, fam !!!!!

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)
Or this one:

http://nseavoice.com/cars/2018-jeep-wrangler-remains-ignorant-to-diesel-probes-920021264.html

@Billy this site sort of reminds me of "fake news" especially when the author doesn't use his name "Staff Reporter" Love it when the "Staff Reporter" said that the AEV jeep was "Made to Scan The Rich" end quote..

True I don't use my real name either.. but I'm a no body waiting to buy my first Jeep Wrangler JT..
+1 definitely fake news / link bait type of site.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger... :eek::eek:

SWinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler JK
Ouch. News regarding this from the past few days:

FCA has received "received various inquiries, subpoenas and requests for information from a number of governmental authorities, including the U.S. Department of Justice, the SEC and several states’ attorneys general. related to the alleged excess diesel emissions claim.

And the EPA has said the maximum possible fine against FCA could be as high as $4.6 billion.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fiat-chrysler-diesel-idUSKBN1672NU

I wish we could get some conclusive info from the new administration soon regarding if the Diesel engine will be available at launch.
It sounds like the investigation could drag on for a while, so maybe even FCA doesn't even know the fate of its diesel offerings. Could rest on the outcome of the investigation?

Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
F#@k all this noise, I still firmly believe the new administration once all is settled and they replace old heads in certain depts that we will see this glossed over and taken care of.

If not, FCA just needs to certify a smaller "bluetec designated" Diesel engine.

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Was just on the Jeep website and they pulled the EcoDiesel Grand Cherokee! :( Hopefully this just means it's gone away for the 2017 models but will return in 2018... I hope!
Sponsored