• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Colorado Will CarPlay announce incoming texts?

emdotin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
New iPhone connected to CarPlay via Apple USB cable. When a new text comes to my iPhone, it is not “announced” audibly. No Siri voice, no new text tone! The display shows a notification at the bottom of the display but I have to touch that notification to have it play back.
I prefer to keep my eyes on the road, but would like an audible announcement when texts arrive. Is this expected behavior by the system, or have I missed a setting somewhere?
My old android on Bluetooth had audible “new text” notifications.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!
Sponsored

ENadeau

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
That's odd. Did you by chance have "Do Not Disturb" enabled?

On your iPhone under "Settings" -> "General" -> 'CarPlay" -> "Uconnect" you should have "Allow "CarPlay While Locked" enabled (green).

Under "Settings" -> "Bluetooth" -> "Uconnect" you should have "Show Notifications" enabled but as far as I know that's strictly related to the bluetooth connection on not CarPlay.

I'll check in the Jeep tonight to see if there are any settings on that end.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I am pretty sure on mine I get a message of text on screen, If I tap it then Siri tells me what the message is and asks if I would like to reply...If I say yes I just speak my message and then Siri repeats it back to me and asks me if I want to send I say yes and it is sent.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Also, in Settings / Notifications scroll down to Messages in Notification Style and enable "allow notifications" and "show in CarPlay". At least that's how mine is set up and it notifies me of texts as well as allows me to verbally respond if wanted.

OP
OP

emdotin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Also, in Settings / Notifications scroll down to Messages in Notification Style and enable "allow notifications" and "show in CarPlay". At least that's how mine is set up and it notifies me of texts as well as allows me to verbally respond if wanted.
Same setup for me. iOS 13.6. When a text comes in to your phone, how are you notified? With a Siri voice saying the name of the text message sender? Any noise of any kind?

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Make sure you don’t have your phone silenced. If you do then it only shows the pop up. If you aren’t silenced it will play your text tone.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Same setup for me. iOS 13.6. When a text comes in to your phone, how are you notified? With a Siri voice saying the name of the text message sender? Any noise of any kind?
Sorry that it took a while to get back to you. It turns out after the last iOS update, it turned of "Allow Notifications" in System/Notifications/Messages. I'm typically connected via Bluetooth and not by cable. But when I do get a text, it does make an audible announcement (sorry can't remember if it was "Incoming text" or Text from someone") and displays on the Uconnect screen who it is from and gives you options to select such as "Listen", "reply", etc. Funny thing is if you get a text and select "Listen", it's quiet if the text was an emoji.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Mine stopped giving me audible notifications and can’t figure out why.

ENadeau

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Does it stop giving you audible notification when the Jeep is off as well?

Like others have mentioned, check Systems-Notifications-Messages (will need to scroll down to find it). Allow notifications need to be on (green). Sometimes this gets reset after an iOS update.
Jeep Wrangler JL Will CarPlay announce incoming texts? DD8B39ED-1935-46FC-9772-803060FB88EA

Also, in your Jeep under Setting-Phone/Bluetooth, make sure Phone Pop-ups Displayed in Cluster is checked off. In that menu as well you’ll see Smartphone Projection Manager and clicking that should show your phone. Make sure Enable Apple CarPlay is check off.

Other than those, the standard checks should be checking if Do Not Disturb is on (double check under here in Settings that Silience when locked is not turned on), your phone is silenced, phone fully updated, etc. More often than not that can clear things up.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Sorry that it took a while to get back to you. It turns out after the last iOS update, it turned of "Allow Notifications" in System/Notifications/Messages. I'm typically connected via Bluetooth and not by cable. But when I do get a text, it does make an audible announcement (sorry can't remember if it was "Incoming text" or Text from someone") and displays on the Uconnect screen who it is from and gives you options to select such as "Listen", "reply", etc. Funny thing is if you get a text and select "Listen", it's quiet if the text was an emoji.
so I did get to verify tonight that it does announce who the text is from
Sponsored