JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
RCV warranties their non-rubicon JL shafts up to 37's lifetime. Don't let the smaller axles scare you away from the tire size you actually want. On the street you'll be fine with 37's and stock shafts. Aggressive off roading will likely necessitate an axle shaft upgrade.

RCV?
Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have recently lined up to install a 2.5 inch lift to my new 2021 JLU Sahara next week. I am holding off on tires because I have seen mixed opinions on how to go about my tire upgrade.

The main question is: Can I run 37s on my Sahara with the stock axles that came with it? I Have a Dana M186 Front and a M200 rear. I completely understand that 37s which this axles setup is a bad idea for those who off-road frequently. HOWEVER, I use this car as a daily and plan to drive it off-road only like 5-10 days a year (mainly on beaches since I am nearby one that allows cars). I really haven't seen much feedback on how well/poor 37s with sports/saharas run when on stock axles and lifted. I want to know if the 37s would be okay for street use primarily in this situation. I already am considering/preparing to regear the car to accommodate this upgrade.

I wanted to install the chopped fender American adventure lab daytime running lights, which adds additional tire clearance. 35s will just look silly I feel like in this case which is why I need some opinions!

Thanks in advance!
which beach? im in nova...i want to know please

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Here’s a picture with the difference in appearance between 35” & 37”. I have 37s on a Rubicon, but I’m off-road a lot on XX trails. With 37s you will need to regear. Even then gas mileage will drop precipitously. (At 45mph I’m getting 16mpg, avg city 13mpg). Also 37s will rub against the suspension arms
Jeep Wrangler JL Will 37s work on 2.5 inch lift JLU Sahara Screenshot_20210319-061803_Chrome
so you’ll need either spacers or a new set of wheels with them. The heavy 37s will also make the Jeep feel more like a pick-up. All that said I love my 37s, they make the trails seem easier and the obstacles smaller.
13mpg on 37s? That is amazing. You must not ever go above 3k rpm or something.
Sponsored