Will 35’s fit on stock tire carrier

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Thanks for the link, but it appears that only the light is taller and not the mount itself. A little info on what I am trying to do.... I have a Sport S with the Mopar Beadlocks and 35" Toyo MT's. I really don't want to buy a full blown tire carrier/tailgate reinforcement bracket. I feel confident that if the spare is mounted correctly on the bump stops it should be ok. I thought I had read somewhere that the Rubicon carrier was a touch taller and wanted to be sure before I bought one. I also have the factory steel rear bumper also.
I am running on 35’s with black rhino Barstow. Only thing I did was get the rough country relocation bracket and extended the bump stops for the spare tire. I wheel monthly at least and run blue trails. I’ve had this setup for about a year and have no issues at all with my tailgate.
Sponsored

SBLACK502

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
How are all of you moving the light up. I undid the 4 screws and tried to slide mine up a bit, but it wouldn't budge. What am I missing?
You will have the take the five torx screws out that incapsulate the wiring for the 3rd brake light and move it from its current location which will then give you enough room to raise the 3rd brake light. I know there are some videos out there that will help understand what I’m saying.

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
Mine did not. I have Milestar Patigonia M/Ts and had to get a relocation bracket. Fitment is going to be heavily dependent on your wheels rear space/offset.
Ya I had to get a relocation bracket for BF Goodrich 35's

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
You will have the take the five torx screws out that incapsulate the wiring for the 3rd brake light and move it from its current location which will then give you enough room to raise the 3rd brake light. I know there are some videos out there that will help understand what I’m saying.
There is enough wire inside there to allow you to raise it up to clear the spare. I have BFG KO2`s 37`s on stock rims with the XR Package and I had to move the light up to the point where there are only 2 screws holding it on the bracket but with the tire mounted its not going anywhere.
Now I am wondering what they did at the factory with the "Tail gate reinforcement" that allows me to run a 37" with just a slight rub on the bumper which is a great added support. I`d check right now but the wife needed to take my Jeep to work today.
Her Grand Cherokee OverLand sure does ride nice and the stereo sounds so much better than the upgraded Alpine in the Wrangler. Maybe time for some sound proofing? bigger amp? louder tires?
I`m thinking amp and speakers without breaking a midsize budget. Alpine was at the Jeep Invasion in NJ over the summer and was doing installs right on the beach. I really don`t want to change the head unit and I know speakers alone make a world of difference. Moderators can you move the stereo question over to the interior and keep the spare tire answer here
Sponsored