Sponsored

Will 2021 JLUR LED fog lights fit aftermarket bumpers?

dstrahm

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Looking at aftermarket bumpers for the 2021 JLUR, many of them say the stock fog lights will fit but exclude the LED package fog lights.
Has anyone with the LED lighting group installed them in an aftermarket bumper? Do they fit without any modifications?
Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
My led dogs fit in the icon pro bumper.

A lot of the bumpers I looked at said the LED fit but the halogen didn’t. But most said there was an adaptor you could buy. Just email or call the manufacturer and ask them which adaptor.

CFDE47EE-C67E-46C7-890E-10098935DF64.jpeg

DevilDogJeeper

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
My led dogs fit in the icon pro bumper.

A lot of the bumpers I looked at said the LED fit but the halogen didn’t. But most said there was an adaptor you could buy. Just email or call the manufacturer and ask them which adaptor.

Jeep Wrangler JL Will 2021 JLUR LED fog lights fit aftermarket bumpers? CFDE47EE-C67E-46C7-890E-10098935DF64
do you have anymore pictures of this bumper? hopefully a view from the side!

Sponsored

OP
OP

dstrahm

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EDIT: Just noticed that @falcon241073 has the same bumper…Icon.

Who makes that bumper? I like the clean style and protection for the SBR, but I’d need a wider width and recessed winch mount. I see a logo but not familiar with it. Thx.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I think the answer is....it depends. The factory lights are different between the standard bumper and the steel bumper and the LEDs are different as well.

I went with an LOD front bumper and ordered my Rubi without the steel bumper option because the LEDs that come in the standard bumper are supposed to bolt right into the LOD bumper. It looks like they will but I am still waiting for my Rubi to be built.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I think the answer is....it depends. The factory lights are different between the standard bumper and the steel bumper and the LEDs are different as well.

I went with an LOD front bumper and ordered my Rubi without the steel bumper option because the LEDs that come in the standard bumper are supposed to bolt right into the LOD bumper. It looks like they will but I am still waiting for my Rubi to be built.
They will bolt right in. I had the LOD destroyer and the factory fogs fit perfectly

IMG-0653.JPG

DevilDogJeeper

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
i just got done installing 30min ago. Side pics Below

Jeep Wrangler JL Will 2021 JLUR LED fog lights fit aftermarket bumpers? IMG-0653.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Will 2021 JLUR LED fog lights fit aftermarket bumpers? IMG-0653.JPG

Thanks! Looks awesome! I'm pretty sure this is the route I'm going with. I don't like the recessed winch mount cause it fills up with dirt & leaves all the time & I'm wanting to run factory LEDs

Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
EDIT: Just noticed that @falcon241073 has the same bumper…Icon.

Who makes that bumper? I like the clean style and protection for the SBR, but I’d need a wider width and recessed winch mount. I see a logo but not familiar with it. Thx.
Icon makes the bumper. And they have bumpers with the recessed winch mount also. Not sure if they have a wider bumper. I never looked. But they might. It’s well made and great welds on it.

OP
OP

dstrahm

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Icon makes the bumper. And they have bumpers with the recessed winch mount also. Not sure if they have a wider bumper. I never looked. But they might. It’s well made and great welds on it.
Speaking of good welds, I’ve been looking at bumpers and more than a few of them say that you cannot flat tow the Jeep using the d-ring tabs. They don’t list that limitation in the specs or description but will admit to it if asked directly. Is there a spec to look for that would indicate it’s good for flat towing?

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Speaking of good welds, I’ve been looking at bumpers and more than a few of them say that you cannot flat tow the Jeep using the d-ring tabs. They don’t list that limitation in the specs or description but will admit to it if asked directly. Is there a spec to look for that would indicate it’s good for flat towing?
That I don’t know for sure. But icon is reported to have good customer service. I’d call and ask

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
LOD front bumpers come with an option for an additional frame bracket and additional pieces to attach to a tow bar. (2 different manufacturers bar adapters)

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
RockHard 4x4 bumper here, and my Sahara halogen fogs fit in perfectly.
Sponsored