Sponsored

Will '19 bumpers fit on a '21?

drivingfool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4XE Rubi
I have a '21 willys and found a good deal on rubicon steel bumpers, front and rear. They'll fit ok?
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a '21 willys and found a good deal on rubicon steel bumpers, front and rear. They'll fit ok?
Yes. Only thing is rear flares won’t match up perfectly.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

drivingfool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4XE Rubi
Thanks for the tip. Will the hardware in the stock bumper work with the steel bumpers, or will I need to scrounge nuts n bolts?

Hotchyy

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Occupation
Parks & Rec
Thanks for the tip. Will the hardware in the stock bumper work with the steel bumpers, or will I need to scrounge nuts n bolts?
I just did the same swap, you can use all the same stuff. When you pick up the rear bumper, see if the other person has the side support brackets.
Also, unless you’re going to run a winch, you’ll probably want to get the plastic piece that covers the top of the space behind the steel bumpers. Good luck!

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I just did the same swap, you can use all the same stuff. When you pick up the rear bumper, see if the other person has the side support brackets.
Also, unless you’re going to run a winch, you’ll probably want to get the plastic piece that covers the top of the space behind the steel bumpers. Good luck!
I will also add that rear will need nuts. The stock plastic bumper has bolts not nuts. Question - is your front bumper like the original sport? I thought the 21 Willys had the same plastic bumper as Sahara/Rubi. If has newer plastic bumper the filler panel should work.

OP
OP

drivingfool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4XE Rubi
Are those the side support brackets?

Jeep Wrangler JL Will '19 bumpers fit on a '21? bumper

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
@drivingfool Hello! Did you ever wind up putting these bumpers on? I have a 21 Willys too. Just picked up a steel rear rubi bumper. Curious if it fits on your Willys or does it rub?
Sponsored