Sponsored

Wildomar OHV, Newb question--Need to Air Down?

DeborahB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Depends on a few factors. Tire size, the type of terrain you are expecting and your Jeeps overall load out.

A basic rule of thumb for a stock JL/UR start at 20 PSI and go down as needed.
Thanks, I have 33s on 17 inch wheels. Nitto grappler A/T tires.
Sponsored

Rs4rocks

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4m40i
I’m relatively new to Jeeping too. I went PowerTank CO2 and Coyote air down values. Super happy with this setup. I always air down to smooth out the ride. Even on the easy stuff. With this setup it takes only a few minutes to air down and up

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Welcome to the wonderful world of jeeping. My personal preference is to air down when the tires hit the dirt. Your ride will be a lot better as well as increased control. I highly recommend get a decent compressor before you go out. I have the Viair 450P and it works great. Also a deflating tool, like ARB or similar. My 2 cents and I am sure others will comment.
Hi Mike why did go with the 450 as opposed to the 400? Thanks

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I was told that the 450 would air up the tires quicker. I am planning on getting larger tires in the future and was advised that the 450 would handle up to 38 inch tires.

Sponsored

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
We also use the viair. We have the 400p rv. The 400 actually flows more air than the 450. The 450 has a longer duty cycle. So the 450 can run for longer before it will shut down to cool off.

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I’m trying to decide between the two of them. Stacy Does the 400 shut off during reairing on your use? Did you get it for higher pressure for RV use? Or for quicker reairing for your Jeep? Which one would be better for just the Jeep?

STRUBI

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
I’m trying to decide between the two of them. Stacy Does the 400 shut off during reairing on your use? Did you get it for higher pressure for RV use? Or for quicker reairing for your Jeep? Which one would be better for just the Jeep?
Our 400 is the auto. So it automatically shuts off each time you stop. So to check the tire pressure or move to the next tire. It stops running. We can air up or 37s from 15 to 30 psi and my dads 33s from 15 to 30 with out it having to cycle down.
Sponsored