WiFi Hotspot stopped working

Dosser

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Do either of you guys have a Thule or something similar on top? We have stopped having the issues and I don’t know if it related to taking it off or what.
Sponsored

Beanner

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Do either of you guys have a Thule or something similar on top? We have stopped having the issues and I don’t know if it related to taking it off or what.
My top is the sky one roof and has never been off roading. When mine first stopped working it had maybe 75 miles on it.

zan3310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2020
Funny you mention this... don’t ever seem to have a problem until we road trip it with the kids with our yamika roof box on top.... wonder if the satellite sensor is in the roll bar and is covered by the box...
@JeepCares is this true?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

wonder if the satellite sensor is in the roll bar and is covered by the box...
It is. Mounted to the top of the roll bar.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @wolfman4evet --

Sorry to hear about the concerns you've been experiencing. Are you currently working with your dealer to get this addressed? Let us know if you'd like any additional help!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Beanner

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi @wolfman4evet --

Sorry to hear about the concerns you've been experiencing. Are you currently working with your dealer to get this addressed? Let us know if you'd like any additional help!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
No for me. All they are going to do is replace the radio again. Since this is my second radio, I am going with the assumption that your radios are made like this, subpar.

I am NOT going through the hassle like last time with Sirius and AT&T to changed everything. It is a pain in the rear! Not to mention when the service workers do NOT write down all the associated numbers that are required by AT&T.

Fix the radio and if the WiFi were to be a guarantee that they are truly fixed is when I will go back to the dealer for a new radio.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So I've used my ATT wifi since I bought my jeep in 2018, no real problems ever and I use it because tmo (and now googlefi) on my phone are terrible when traveling.

I cancelled ATT for about 3 months so I had to make a new account (I think after 90 days they nuke your old account), my number was released and a new one was made matched to my VIN. Since then I haven't had any signal show up in the Jeep. I've had ATT match the IMEI and VIN and they can track the sim card but it's not responding to them so they told me to get with Uconnect (who told me to talk to ATT after ATT told me to talk to Uconnect, so 4 phone calls so far).

Has ANYONE cancelled or had wifi lapse and resubscribed and gotten it working?

It REALLY sucks that there isn't just a place to swap SIMs in this radio. If just changing your number or restarting your sub causes you to have to go to a dealer and get a radio replacement.. That's just stupid. I have a wifi hotspot so there's no way I'm putting my Jeep through a radio rip out if I don't have to (or maybe you get the new uconnect? i doubt it). Already had my first dealer maintenance put the wrong amount of oil in.

I should've tested this months before my next roadtrip but I didn't expect a problem.

edit: Pulling fuse 97 doesn't help at all. In fact the only thing it seems to not affect is the wifi? When I pull 97 for 10+ minutes the radio resets but my Wifi settings are still there..

Tab

First Name
Tab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
I have a different problem, my jeep sends out the signal but my magellan GPS cant find the signal, my computer and phone pick it right up, I programed the gps for the wifi name and password but it never finds it. Is there a possible different in technology that is stopping it from connecting. The GPS is a TRX7

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
Same issue here...Wi-Fi Hotspot not broadcasting the SSID. I've trouble shot with JeepCares via phone and with AT&T...both say it is the other's problem.

Not sure where to go now...I keep paying my AT&T vehicle account bill...

OGPizzaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Here we are in October and this issue still exists. I guess the Detroit software pilot is either still ongoing (6 months later) or it was deemed as a failure to correct the issue.
Guess I do what others have done and pull the fuse.

Sponsored

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Here we are in October and this issue still exists. I guess the Detroit software pilot is either still ongoing (6 months later) or it was deemed as a failure to correct the issue.
Guess I do what others have done and pull the fuse.
Mine just did the exact same thing as well, worked fine for the first 1100 miles, I let the Jeep sit a week while out of town and now it doesn’t work. Getting the same thing from Uconnect and AT&T blaming each other and I need to go to the dealer.

Great, I’m excited…..

OGPizzaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Once you’ve pulled the fuse a couple of times, it becomes the new normal and all is right in the world again. /satire

OGPizzaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine just did the exact same thing as well, worked fine for the first 1100 miles, I let the Jeep sit a week while out of town and now it doesn’t work. Getting the same thing from Uconnect and AT&T blaming each other and I need to go to the dealer.

Great, I’m excited…..
Once you’ve pulled the fuse a couple of times, it becomes the new normal and all is right in the world again. /satire

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
And it magically started working this morning, never got the chance to pull the fuse.

Nice...........

yfwdarian

First Name
Darian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mine has also stopped working. My Uconnect has frozen twice in the past week. Just shuts off and won’t do anything. My hotspot shows it is on, but tells me incorrect password when the password typed is EXACTLY what is shown on the WiFi setup page. My Jeep has 3000 miles on it and is 3 months old. @JeepCares I am PISSED! This vehicle is new and I’m learning this is an issue that Jeep and FCA have known about, but fail to fix. I have spoken with AT&T and they say all is good on their end, and that it must be a Jeep issue. Then the loose steering is a whole other matter.
Hey, i have a chrysler 2018 300 with the same screen (Uconnect), it’s frozen on me twice and my wifi had the same issue, i’d type in the password and it would say wrong password after removing the network, when it’s saved in my settings it’ll connect but wouldn’t show the wifi symbol on top of my phone and show in settings that it has no internet connection. The times my screen has frozen i have unplugged my battery and it works again. it’s only been twice and hasn’t happened since thankfully. It’s been a while that my wifi hasn’t been working and i’m still paying for it, but today for some reason my ports for usb/apple car play wouldn’t work, so i disconnected the battery and connected it back and both the usb ports and the wifi started working. i’m guessing doing that (disconnecting the battery) resets the whole thing and refreshes anything electrical. try it out
Sponsored