Wife wants a 392...wtf?

WorkingMan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
OK....we've had a TJ for 24 years so we thought it was time and bought a 21 JLUR 4xe last year and now the wife has decided it's nice enough to trade in her Q-60 for a 392. While $50k is a lot for a Jeep, $75k just seems ridiculous. That's 50% more Jeep! Of course, she wants the XR package and half doors too. Is there at least a snowballs chance in hell to order one for 5% below invoice like I did for the 4xe? Also, do I have a snowballs chance in hell convincing her that I need the 392 and she can have the 4xe?
DO IT!!!

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
I guess I'll be the odd one out and offer whether or not you actually want/need a 392. Personally never really understood the need other than the "more torque" argument, but I figure that argument really only holds water if you're a really serious rock crawler and at that point, I don't think we'd be debating the cost of the wrangler, so I don't know.
heh, who "needs" any Jeep?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Partner & I have many of the same tastes: we both really want a 392 Gladiator but since that's not a factory option, we have a JL392 on order (we tried to get a Gecko Gladiator with the intent of putting a Magnusson on it but the factory closed and that was the end of Gecko). She wants a truck (as do I), and unless we need the towing/payload capacity (F350 Tremor), she wants a TRX (as do I).

Or if Gecko returns, I see us agonizing over that choice. We were hoping Mojito would return--that would be an easier decision.

Sex == nature
Gender == nurture

Last edited:

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

heh, who "needs" any Jeep?

Partner & I have many of the same tastes: we both really want a 392 Gladiator but since that's not a factory option, we have a JL392 on order (we tried to get a Gecko Gladiator with the intent of putting a Magnusson on it but the factory closed and that was the end of Gecko). She wants a truck (as do I), and unless we need the towing/payload capacity (F350 Tremor), she wants a TRX (as do I).

Or if Gecko returns, I see us agonizing over that choice. We were hoping Mojito would return--that would be an easier decision.
Yeah, no worries. I get it. The heart wants what the heart wants. Just mean to say that, unless you're rock crawling, in my mind the argument for torque kind of goes out the window. That's just me.

Sex == nature
Gender == nurture
Walk me through this last bit.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah, no worries. I get it. The heart wants what the heart wants. Just mean to say that, unless you're rock crawling, in my mind the argument for torque kind of goes out the window. That's just me.
I like acceleration. Then there's towing. Plus, acceleration.
Did I mention acceleration? šŸ˜

Walk me through this last bit.
Why is a table in Germany and Italy "feminine" but "masculine" in Italy and genderless in English-speaking places?
Gender == artificial
Sex == natural

Sponsored

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

I like acceleration. Then there's towing. Plus, acceleration.
Did I mention acceleration? šŸ˜

Why is a table in Germany and Italy "feminine" but "masculine" in Italy and genderless in English-speaking places?
Gender == artificial
Sex == natural
No, but like...why mention it? I guess I don't get why you're referencing it.

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

If you've read the whole thread and don't get the relevance, then I don't know what to say.
Iā€™ve not read the thread in itā€™s entirety. So, Iā€™m not sure what to tell you. And when asked to clarify, you make it sound like itā€™s my problem, but you were responding to me. Or at least quoting me. Shrug, I dunno mate.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™ve not read the thread in itā€™s entirety. So, Iā€™m not sure what to tell you. And when asked to clarify, you make it sound like itā€™s my problem, but you were responding to me. Or at least quoting me. Shrug, I dunno mate.
Oh! I see what you're saying. The first part (I added a line for clarity) is a response to the quote; the rest is just a general addition to the thread, not a response to you specifically.

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

Oh! I see what you're saying. The first part (I added a line for clarity) is a response to the quote; the rest is just a general addition to the thread, not a response to you specifically.
Even so, are you going to answer my question?

I honestly don't care what the answer is, but at this point I have a sort of morbid curiosity as to whether or not you're going to act like a normal human and just answer my question. :D So far it's been like pulling teeth.

Sponsored

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Damn! That's an even better idea.
The point she may be making is you got a brand new 4xe worth $60,000 and she got nothing (in her eyes). In this society of equity, she sees you taking advantage of her altruism and itā€™s now time to balance the scale (in her favor). She is not seeking a Tesla S, Mercedes or BMW valued at $80,000, but something she knows you really want. Itā€™s about equity of possession and a bit of pay back. Good luck with this one as youā€™re upside down.
Sponsored