First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
Besides what was mentioned, California has a limit on documentation fees which can eat up about 1%.

Maybe there are some other consumer protection laws that limit what dealers can make on the back end?

I ended up with 2.7% below invoice (can't use my credit union to get out the door, however, no prepayment penalty) in OC with an Affiliates control number, not amazing but I'm happy. I got another to get down to 2%.
Sponsored

OP
OP
xray

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I bought my Jeep at Huntington Beach Jeep in So Cal through Fleet Sales. The salesman's name is Fred. You might want to give him a shot, he allowed custom ordering....in an out very fast. Got a great deal back in April 2018. Not sure what it is now but what I can tell you is the prices were lower going through him than through the main sales office. I don't live anywhere near HB now and have tried other dealers for service too. Their offroad performance department is really great and knowledgeable...only dealer I would take my Jeep to. I am not affiliated with them in any way...just a happy customer.
I reached out to Fred; his quote was about %3.5. Looks reasonable to me for a local easy transit sale from San Diego.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Dude, take a 3 day road trip and save thousands of dollars. Huge savings in Texas. PM me for details.

Don't pay that much! Have instant equity!

mpk1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
FLorida is the same way....I will never buy a car/SUV/Truck in Florida.
Its horrible the way they rob people
I bought my recent Jeep JL, Ocean Blue, out of state, OUT THE DOOR for 28K
Shipping 5k
4Dr Unlimited
Auto
Tint
XM Radio

Bare bones basically
Have to pay my taxes in FL when I register car

Same vehicles in FL--take a guess?
I couldnt get anybody under 37 OTD.
Most were 37-38

I saved 9K by shopping out of state

mammoth713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
c5z
Mine wasn’t a order was off the lot on 12/24 they wanted to make a sale so Price was 46,999 and I got them down to 39000 otd for a 2018 Sahara 4 door
39000 otd = EVERYTHING... including CA taxes?

Sponsored

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Just got 6300 off msrp here in MN. Why don’t you just order here and ship to CA. Probably only 500 to ship. Or order in Utah and ship. That’s what I’d do.

OP
OP
xray

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Just got 6300 off msrp here in MN. Why don’t you just order here and ship to CA. Probably only 500 to ship. Or order in Utah and ship. That’s what I’d do.
I bought at %3 under and my trade in is pretty decent. Going out of state in CA involves paying taxes at the DMV, smog, and the hassle of registration. I really can't mess around with my time crunch here. Smooth transaction wins out for me at the end of the day.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I bought at %3 under and my trade in is pretty decent. Going out of state in CA involves paying taxes at the DMV, smog, and the hassle of registration. I really can't mess around with my time crunch here. Smooth transaction wins out for me at the end of the day.
Where?

maxmk8

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Pooper
Mine wasn’t a order was off the lot on 12/24 they wanted to make a sale so Price was 46,999 and I got them down to 39000 otd for a 2018 Sahara 4 door
You got 11k off sticker ? Which dealer

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Because they don't have to. Plenty will just walk in and buy at MSRP.
Exactly, simple supply and demand for each region and demographic.

Pilot68

First Name
Jared Bush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hardrock
I bought my Jeep at Huntington Beach Jeep in So Cal through Fleet Sales. The salesman's name is Fred. You might want to give him a shot, he allowed custom ordering....in an out very fast. Got a great deal back in April 2018. Not sure what it is now but what I can tell you is the prices were lower going through him than through the main sales office. I don't live anywhere near HB now and have tried other dealers for service too. Their offroad performance department is really great and knowledgeable...only dealer I would take my Jeep to. I am not affiliated with them in any way...just a happy customer.
They’re really the most mod friendly dealership around from what I hear.
Sponsored