Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering why this forum was developed as a Jl only , when the other forum covered all Wranglers.
Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Just wondering why this forum was developed as a Jl only , when the other forum covered all Wranglers.
I think you'd have to ask this site's creators about their vision when they created it.

I suspect that creating a forum just devoted to the JL represented a market niche that not only others weren't doing, but to create yet another forum that covered all Wranglers, from the ground up, when other such forums already existed would have been a little like trying to start up "a competitor to McDonalds, rather than something unique like a fast food sea food place," and diluted JL coverage in the process.

And I think the founders were correct in their vision as there's no better single place for publicly accessible JL advice than here.

While a labor of love may very well tie into this endeavor, so to would it be the owner's rights to seek maximum readership, which brings sponsor money, to not only keep the site going and, pocket some profits for their labors, which include expensive hardware and software alike to "keep the lights on."

: - )

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
So I don’t have to deal with the constant stream of JK and TJ owners coming in here telling me that the JL isn’t a real “Jeep”?:CWL:

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I think you'd have to ask this site's creators about their vision when they created it.

I suspect that creating a forum just devoted to the JL represented a market niche that not only others weren't doing, but to create yet another forum that covered all Wranglers, from the ground up, when other such forums already existed would have been a little like trying to start up "a competitor to McDonalds, rather than something unique like a fast food sea food place," and diluted JL coverage in the process.

And I think the founders were correct in their vision as there's no better single place for publicly accessible JL advice than here.

While a labor of love may very well tie into this endeavor, so to would it be the owner's rights to seek maximum readership, which brings sponsor money, to not only keep the site going and, pocket some profits for their labors, which include expensive hardware and software alike to "keep the lights on."

: - )
And thankfully, there's a separate forum for the JT.
Less is more.

Sponsored

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
So I don’t have to deal with the constant stream of JK and TJ owners coming in here telling me that the JL isn’t a real “Jeep”?:CWL:
Thats the only answer you need :like:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Because people don't use the search function or Google anyways. Could you imagine sifting thru dozens of pages asking the same thing on all the Jeep models? Hell, we sift thru that already and it's only for the JL:headbang:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It’s quite common among automotive forums, it’s the way that it’s typically done these days. There was a G35 forum but when the G37 came omg it warranted a new forum. Then again when it became the Q60

Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
The Wrangler forums that cater to all generations turn into a sh*tfest of insults and bad attitudes primarily from older platform owners to JL owners as mentioned above. I used to belong to one that just got embarrassingly bad with mostly JK owners trying to stay relevant by denigrating the JL as they pretend to enjoy driving their circa 2007 Jeeps. But that happens on most car forums when the shiny new kid comes on the scene and now you're yesterdays news.

OP
OP
shekmark

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the responses. I actually did notice on another forum some very rude responses to questions. Searching is not always so easy so it is certain that some questions get asked over and over.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
When it was started, the JL hadn’t been released. This was the place to hear, rumors, speculation, insider information etc.
That’s when I joined. There are , or were, other JL only forums, but this is the only one I check in with.
Sponsored