Sponsored

Why was this JL only forum developed?

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
What beef does TJ and JK owners have with JLs? Like, anything legit? or just regular whining?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Well, here is why the different models suck and why they are not a real Jeep
YJs suck because they have square headlights
TJs suck because they have coil suspension
JKs suck because they have 4 doors
JLs suck because they combine the worst of what make TJs and JKs not real Jeeps while also adding electric motors.
JTs suck because they have a bed.
i thought JLs suck because theyre just raised up Fiat 500s

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the responses. I actually did notice on another forum some very rude responses to questions. Searching is not always so easy so it is certain that some questions get asked over and over.
You really don't want to visit Pirate 4x4 if you're offended easily. Lol.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Online forums seem to get stuck at the time warp they are created.

I am very active on WranglerForums, which covers all Wranglers, including CJ. But by far the bulk of forum activity is around JKs. When the forum was created, JK was the newest Wrangler on the market. So JK owners joined and stayed.

Sponsored

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Ive never owned a Jeep other than a JL. So tbh I dont care at all about the other models. And dont want to weed through all the other models to get my question answered.

Its bad enough weeding through posts that end up turning into 3.6 vs 2.0 in here.

P.S. what size lift do I need for......

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Well, that was a fail. I’ve been here over a year!
That's because you are rooting for the wrong team......

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
There’s a lot of reasons why JLs aren’t real Jeeps. Real Jeeps storm Italy, they don’t come from there.
JL's still don't come from Italy, they're built in Toledo. However, the money you spend on them now goes to Italy to make reparations for previous Jeeps storming it.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
What beef does TJ and JK owners have with JLs? Like, anything legit? or just regular whining?
Just wait until JM comes out.

It’s a Jeep thing. You will understand.

Mr80thSnaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998,1999 Neon R/T: '21 JLU 80th
Just wondering why this forum was developed as a Jl only , when the other forum covered all Wranglers.

I know this is an old post but I'll give my $.02...

Way back when, I took over a email list for the Dodge Neon, the year was 1995. Over the course of a few years the web began making a huge impact on being connected and that also included the car culture. We were one of the first places to use some sort of web based online forums that anyone could visit (before 1995 most of it was either email lists or ... Gasp... Dialup BBS's). As one of the original founders of the the Neon forum, we realized early on that it was a great way to store information and History of the car. We had our troubles but we also expanded as other forums have. The great thing about separate resources is that you keep the info for that vehicle in a central location. I've owned a number of Neons, Jeeps and other vehicles, and found specific forums for that vehicle to be an asset when wrenching on them (and to say that I've made a hell of a lot of friends both inside Chrysler/PVO/SRT in that time as well is an understatement...) We never had the issue that Wranglers had(in the fact that they've been constantly produced for 80+ years), we had a limited set of years that our car was produced (94-05), our site keeps running because it has become THE place to do research and get info. If its been asked on the Facebook page, its probably been answered on our site as well... I know that I have pissed off people and told them "If you don't like it, start your own" and they have and there are other neon forums out there, but 99% of them refer to link on our site when questions are asked.

Now the technical part... Having run our site for the last 25 years, you don't want to see the bill for the space and the bandwidth it takes to support a site this large or larger. We, as users, take advantage of it, but I also know what its costing the people who created it, and 9 times out of 10 they are not getting rich and are just covering the costs associated with hosting. Breaking that up into smaller sites, different platforms (TJ, JK, JL) makes a lot of sense and its more manageable from a staffing position.

Hopefully communities like these don't dry up in the days of "Social Media". Its a lot easier to find info on here then it is on Social Media.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
This forum has no agenda. It's all about the JL for better or for worse. That's why I like it above others. I used to post on JK Forum, but didn't care for the admin banning people who liked or promoted products he didn't (and felt his JL forum probably does the same thing). I stopped using JeepForum because it kept getting hacked and making me change my password every other week.
Sponsored