Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yes, a chuckwagon competition between the two should be done by @TFL. This would be interesting.

And while we’re at it, let’s talk chili. Real chili has no beans in it. They are an artificial thickener. Acceptable as a side dish, which some can opt not to eat. But do not pour them into a perfectly good pot of chili.
A daily use and chuckwagon competition would be fun.

I agree 100%, no beans in chili. The late great Carroll Shelby bought us many great automobiles. He also was a chili aficionado and bought us one of the better chili mixes for lazy folks like myself who don't want to grind and mix spices. Very good product. Much better than many "famous" chili restaurants like Skyline's Cincinnati-style chili. One word for it YUCK!

https://carrollshelbyschili.com/
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Dare we go so far as to imply that one who would prefer legumes in their chili would be more likely to choose a Bronco as their preferred method of conveyance?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
he’s too busy playing with his short red black tip Willy’s.

Considering the Ford buyer, they really thought of everything.
1628613780523.jpeg
I love 2-door Wranglers. I am a HUGE fan of Tommy's 2-door Willys. I like his color choice also, black grill and all. I am not a fan of the blue shirt the Ford buyer is wearing though. Not sure why? Looks like it matches his truck though?

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Hey Tommy here! Sorry to be late to the party, and thanks for the lively discussion. I am honored that it went on so long.

Very interesting to see the two different dynamics and attitudes between the two forums (Wrangler and Bronco)... I find it a much less hostile environment on this end of the internet.

Thanks all for the kind words, really enjoying the Willy's! I do think over the past two weeks it has fulfilled my needs perfectly and I am really happy with the trim.

As many have mentioned I am excited to push my Jeep beyond what I can typically do with a press unit, although I will say it feels harder to bash those skid plates with your name on the title!

Even if I did want to spend the additionally money on the 2.0T with the auto, I really am not sure I would. I know a lot of folks like that engine and certainly at altitude it is a much more potent choice. I do however feel it to be a little high strung at slow speeds and just a little odd in the power delivery standpoint for an off-roader. Love to see some feedback on that engine though from other members.

Thanks for watching, hope to see you on the trail!
Thanks Tommy! Your choice of the Wrangler (and vid on “is it worth the wait”) convinced me to make the move as well. Looking forward to seeing more of your adventures in that Willys, and hope to see you on the trails!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Tommy! Your choice of the Wrangler (and vid on “is it worth the wait”) convinced me to make the move as well. Looking forward to seeing more of your adventures in that Willys, and hope to see you on the trails!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!

I’ve seen several comments like yours. I think Tommy’s honest videos about his Willys has inspired many to buy a Jeep.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Here is another in the series. Tommy shows more of what a stock Willys can do.

Tommy’s message that “less is more” when you go off-roading resonates with me. And is very refreshing in this age of social media.
Sponsored