Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I am trying to find a video on How to USE them. There are a thousand videos on how to INSTALL them, but not one on they are used...!

Do you release the bottom or the top of the link? What is that pin sticking out next to the fender liner for? Do you need to release both sides?
so did you install them already?. So the links are connected to the sway bar at the top and to the frame at the bottom. You disconnect at the frame connection. Then you move the sway bar up to secure the links.

You cant release the top. that would require tools, so whats the point of that?. The idea here is that there is a safety pin holding them in place at the bottom. You remove that pin and disconnect the link. them you rotate the link out of the way, rotate the sway bar up which should be free to move now, and secure the links on that pin youre talking about. That pin is just so that you can secure them in place, out of the way of your tires, so you dont blow a tire hitting the link.

This should become very obvious after you install them.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
so did you install them already?. So the links are connected to the sway bar at the top and to the frame at the bottom. You disconnect at the frame connection. Then you move the sway bar up to secure the links.

You cant release the top. that would require tools, so whats the point of that?. The idea here is that there is a safety pin holding them in place at the bottom. You remove that pin and disconnect the link. them you rotate the link out of the way, rotate the sway bar up which should be free to move now, and secure the links on that pin youre talking about. That pin is just so that you can secure them in place, out of the way of your tires, so you dont blow a tire hitting the link.

This should become very obvious after you install them.
Thanks!

Yeah, I got them on a few months back. I got their FlexConnect with the quick releases. The link with the springs adds a few degrees of articulation, but I want to try disconnecting the swaybar completely next time.

I remember the system on JKs used a lanyard to hold the links after release...it was quite a cockamamie process.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Thanks!

Yeah, I got them on a few months back. I got their FlexConnect with the quick releases. The link with the springs adds a few degrees of articulation, but I want to try disconnecting the swaybar completely next time.

I remember the system on JKs used a lanyard to hold the links after release...it was quite a cockamamie process.
Gotcha. I am not very familiar with those "fancy" disconnect systems. I just looked underneath the jeep and understood the basics of how it works. Then I am either connected or disconnected and that's it for me.

I disconnect right before I get on the dirt, and connect back right before going on the pavement. Even if doing a scenic easy trail with the wife, I disconnect. Keeps the ride comfortable, keeps the pitch leveled, and you never know when you'll find some fun offshoot!. I dont do any high speed stuff.

I am curious to what the difference is with your links, you should find a big rock and test the flex fully disconnected or with them on and share the results.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
:LOL:

And your opinion of bacon and cheese in a Texas Tommy dog? Or chili on a hot dog?
Mustard, just mustard. Simple, tangy goodness.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
You violated the golden rule. Way worse than pineapple on pizza or telling someoen the Bronco is a better crawler than the Wrangler. Your mistake was not the mustard on the dog if you were at Katz's. You ordered the wrong thing! Your mistake was not ordering the Pastrami sandwich!!!!!!!!
One of the best damn sandwiches in the world!
Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 10.09.06 PM

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
You violated the golden rule. Way worse than pineapple on pizza or telling everyone the Bronco is a better crawler than the Wrangler. Your mistake was not the mustard on the dog if you were at Katz's. You ordered the wrong thing! Your mistake was not ordering the Pastrami sandwich!!!!!!!!
One of the best damn sandwiches in the world!
Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) tenor (1)
He is in fact a big fan of the Reuben...
Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) Reuben-Sandwich-S1

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Tommy seams to care not about the culinary aspect of this thread. He’s the one who inspired this thread. He reponded and now he has ghosted us. Clearly he only cares about the automotive aspect of it. This is simply unacceptable. This entire discussion of pizza, condiments and sandwiches would otherwise never started but not for this thread.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Tommy seams to care not about the culinary aspect of this thread. He’s the one who inspired this thread. He reponded and now he has ghosted us. Clearly he only cares about the automotive aspect of it. This is simply unacceptable. This entire discussion of pizza, condiments and sandwiches would otherwise never started but not for this thread.
Now for some more of the automotive aspect. Which is superior for a tail gate? Does the Bronco have a fold down tail gate table like the Wrangler for all of these culinary delicacies? Which is better designed for a portable refrigerator?

Looks like Ford got crafty with a table solution. Except you can't sit or lean on the bumper while using the table.

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 9.38.27 AM.png

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Yes, a chuckwagon competition between the two should be done by @TFL. This would be interesting.

And while we’re at it, let’s talk chili. Real chili has no beans in it. They are an artificial thickener. Acceptable as a side dish, which some can opt not to eat. But do not pour them into a perfectly good pot of chili.
Sponsored