Sponsored

Marn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Who is Tommy, what is TFL, and why does this matter? I’m honestly asking not trying to be a jerk.
Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Man, they are going nuts on the bronco6g forum about this video, serous venom towards TFL. Haters gonna hate.
Takes 2-3 years for a major new model to work out rough stuff. JL is there bronco is not yet.

There is plenty of room for a bronco and wrangler.. but i would wait 2-3 more years before getting a bronco. I wish i had waited like Tommy on the JL, the 2018 had way more issues than it should have.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Another interesting thing he talked about was how the Bronco felt bigger.

I know it's a little bigger than the Wrangler, but he said it drove like it was bigger, more like a mid-sized truck. I thought that was interesting.
Wheeling a 2D wrangler is a very unique experience. Maneuvering over tricky terrain, tire placement, anything related to offroading. It is amazing. The Bronco wont do that.

Owning a 2 door wrangler is also a great experience, I agree with Tommy. Once you get used to the size, it is so versatile. And the space is just enough. It is just right.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Who is Tommy, what is TFL, and why does this matter? I’m honestly asking not trying to be a jerk.
TFL is short for The Fast Lane. It's an automotive news/review site

Tommy is one of the content creators for the site

It really doesn't matter, it's just now the Wrangler has a rival and its something to compare.

https://tfloffroad.com/

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Owning a 2 door wrangler is also a great experience, I agree with Tommy. Once you get used to the size, it is so versatile. And the space is just enough. It is just right.
Unless you have kids. 2dr Wrangler forces you to choose between bringing people and bringing stuff. I’d never be able to drive it to our cabin up north, meaning I’d never get to use it in the places I really want to (the woods) because with people in the back seat there’s no room for a weekends’ worth of stuff for four in the trunk, sadly.

Reactions: eck

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I would love to own a 2dr but with 2 kids + dog there just wouldn't be enough room to even take it to the beach since nothing would fit in the trunk (cooler, chairs, beach toys, beach wagon, etc). Forget longer trips with gear/suitcases. It just wouldn't work, but the appeal is definitely there for a small, agile Jeep.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 8.57.02 AM

The Chicago Auto Show starts July 15. Both the Wrangler and Bronco will have test tracks.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
JL or JLU.? It boils down to how large your family is? Sales trends show the JLU is by far more popular.

Personally I like the 2 door. I have owned 3 generations of the 2-door, TJ, JK, JL. I prefer the compact size. Great turning radius. I can get to my favorite remote fishing spots with it. It's the perfect size for urban city driving also. Easy to park on city streets. The rear seat folds up for storage and folds down for the rare occasion I need the passenger space. Plenty of room for longer road trips with the rear seat out. The only things I don't like about the 2-door are the gas tank size and JEEP's lack of choices for the 2-door lately. A larger gas tank for a little bit more driving range would have been nice. I would have considered a Hemi or 4xe if it were available for the 2-door. The 2-dooe gets less and less optional drivetrain choices. Hopefully the iconic 2-door does not become extinct. That would be a shame considering it was the 2-door and it's heritage that made the Wrangler what it is today.

Same with the Bronco. I would only buy a 2-door if I ever bought a Bronco. I can't wait to actually see and ride in or drive one. Looks like I might get my chance next week at the Chicago Auto Show.

Last edited:

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
The best Hawaiian pizza is:

Very thin base
Lots of thin sliced ham
Pineapple pieces spread all over
A small amount of cheese melted over the top. The main flavour is the ham, so the flavour of the cheese cannot overwhelm the flavour of the ham.
Sounds like New York style and now I am hungry.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Wheeling a 2D wrangler is a very unique experience. Maneuvering over tricky terrain, tire placement, anything related to offroading. It is amazing. The Bronco wont do that.

I agree with the "It is just right." comment. The trails in my AO are slim and the Bronco would work if you weren't worried about extra heavy pinstripes.
There is a lot lended to the Jeep's design that is easily overlooked but very functional in the off road world.

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
JL or JLU.? It boils down to how large your family is? Sales trends show the JLU is by far more popular.

Personally I like the 2 door. I have owned 3 generations of the 2-door, TJ, JK, JL. I prefer the compact size. Great turning radius. I can get to my favorite remote fishing spots with it. It's the perfect size for urban city driving also. Easy to park on city streets. The rear seat folds up for storage and folds down for the rare occasion I need the passenger space. Plenty of room for longer road trips with the rear seat out. The only things I don't like about the 2-door are the gas tank size and JEEP's lack of choices for the 2-door lately. A larger gas tank for a little bit more driving range would have been nice. I would have considered a Hemi or 4xe if it were available for the 2-door. The 2-dooe gets less and less optional drivetrain choices. Hopefully the iconic 2-door does not become extinct. That would be a shame considering it was the 2-door and it's heritage that made the Wrangler what it is today.

Same with the Bronco. I would only buy a 2-door if I ever bought a Bronco. I can't wait to actually see and ride in or drive one. Looks like I might get my chance next week at the Chicago Auto Show.
4 door everything has been the trend for years now. We love the 2 door package. The rear seat is already out and stored away leaving plenty of room if we need to haul some stuff with. I just ordered an extended cab pick-up because all I really need is some inside dry space for my snowmobile gear, I will almost never have passengers back there. I see just the driver in 4-door Jeeps and trucks way more often that I see the seats filled. I suppose people buy the capacity just in case and of course many times because it is all the rage whether they need it or not.

I would only have considered the 2-door Bronco as well. My kids are grown and everybody likes to drive themselves anymore in my business so the more compact dimensions of vehicles just big enough for my needs are way more appealing, plus they cost less.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I like me an in between crust, not to thin, not too thick, plenty of red sauce, peperoni, jalapeno's and extra cheese on top please...

I think I know what I want for lunch today now.

Marn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
TFL is short for The Fast Lane. It's an automotive news/review site

Tommy is one of the content creators for the site

It really doesn't matter, it's just now the Wrangler has a rival and its something to compare.

https://tfloffroad.com/
Gracias

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
It is a great show. Serious show. And they test vehicles in scenarios that most owners will actually be at. Thats why people are so butthurt about tommy buying a willys. Unlike the circus that is litebrites show.

Marn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It is a great show. Serious show. And they test vehicles in scenarios that most owners will actually be at. Thats why people are so butthurt about tommy buying a willys. Unlike the circus that is litebrites show.

Man, imagine caring what anybody else drivers/buys with their own money.
Sponsored