First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
What are you complaining about? I don't see any ranch dressing on it, or peanut sauce, or carrots, or sesame seeds, or BBQ sauce, or pineapple, or bland "gyro meat" (probably spam)....

I'd gladly take what you've got, my "bad pizza" scale dips far lower.
I’m not complaining about Chicago pizza. I’m saying by eating good Chicago and Connecticut pizza, I’m spoiled, so anywhere else I go it’s trash.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I jumped from page 1 to page 12 and I'm reading about pizza. Did i somehow get to the Pizza forum? Can somebody help me fix my damn computer?
(Says the old guy)
You are now in the German-Canadian pizza forum!

I hear the “real” one is topped with sauerkraut and poutine...

One slice is supposed to contain everything you need to get you through a Manitoba winter.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) 1625587372816

Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) 1625587593429

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So, the difference being that in real Chicago pizza, the cheese goes on top of the sauce, instead of the sauce on top of the cheese...?
Both are considered Chicago style. Deep dish is just more known as Chicago style. Most people outside of Chicago think deep dish pizza is the only Chicago style pizza. Deep dish pizza has sauce on top of the slices of cheese. Most real Chicagoans probably eat more Chicago Tavern Style pizza which has cracker thin crust and has the shredded cheese over the sauce and is cut into small squares not triangles.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/201...ago-pizza-from-deep-dish-tavern-style-beyond/

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not complaining about Chicago pizza. I’m saying by eating good Chicago and Connecticut pizza, I’m spoiled, so anywhere else I go it’s trash.
I agree but I suspect New Yorkers will disagree, lol.

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
The basic Rubicon still seems like a no brainer to me, especially if you want a manual trans. It comes with stronger axles, better gearing, raised flares, lockers and swaybar disconnect and it will take 35's with exactly zero mods and be a great combination of trail rig and driver.
TOTALLY AGREE!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back to the elusive Bronco...

Ford really screwed the pooch with marketing the Bronco in some ways. The Bronco name for both the BIG Bronco and SPORT Bronco is really confusing. The dealers are even confused.

I called a few Ford dealers in the Chicago area and all will tell you they have the Bronco. What they don't tell you is 99% of them only have a Bronco SPORT. Lol.

The Chicago Auto Show is 11 days out so hopefully I see a BIG Bronco there. Maybe Ford will be kind enough to have a few for test drives. Lol.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I never said not real.
I know. That part wasn't directed at you. I was carrying over a bit of fun from some other people. Apologies for confusion.

I have zero desire for a bronco. Less than zero, to be honest. Kind of burnt out on everyone and their mom driving a lifestyle offroad SUV these days, actually.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
This Bronco debacle is one of the reasons I gave up and bought another Wrangler, and I'm glad I did. When Ford seriously announced that a new Bronco was coming out (when like 2017? and rumors swirled for years before), I figured by 2019, 2020 at the latest there would be enough out that dealers would have inventory. Then Covid hit and now the so called recovery. Combined with Ford's management issues and the musical chairs game in the C suite. It's a wonder that they are able to stay afloat.

Have you driven by a Ford dealer lately? They have next to no new trucks left. That's here in Texas, the pickup capital of the world. I don't know what I would do if my truck needed to be replaced right now. It appears, from the outside looking in, that their issues go deeper than than a micro chip shortage.

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I know. That part wasn't directed at you. I was carrying over a bit of fun from some other people. Apologies for confusion.

I have zero desire for a bronco. Less than zero, to be honest. Kind of burnt out on everyone and their mom driving a lifestyle offroad SUV these days, actually.
I am interested in the Bronco and will be happy to take a look, but I will wait until the hype dies down and you can get one at sticker or less freely, I’m not down with the “order for a year out and hope the dealer doesn’t ADM it when it gets here” thing

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Back to the elusive Bronco...

Ford really screwed the pooch with marketing the Bronco in some ways. The Bronco name for both the BIG Bronco and SPORT Bronco is really confusing. The dealers are even confused.

I called a few Ford dealers in the Chicago area and all will tell you they have the Bronco. What they don't tell you is 99% of them only have a Bronco SPORT. Lol.

The Chicago Auto Show is 11 days out so hopefully I see a BIG Bronco there. Maybe Ford will be kind enough to have a few for test drives. Lol.
I have quite a bit of professional experience in the area of vehicle nameplates and how consumers respond to them:
  • Yes, having Bronco and Bronco Sport is confusing to everyone.
  • Ford is trying to create a sub-brand around Bronco, much like around Mustang (with Mustang Mach-E). Bronco will be off-road capability; Mustang will be on-road performance.
    • The jury is still out on whether Ford needed separate sub-brands. If the brand is strong enough, like say, Toyota, Ford wouldn’t need sub-brands. Clearly, executives didn’t feel the Ford name was strong enough.
    • Having said that, the way Ford has gone about Bronco and Bronco Sport is creating headaches of their own.
  • Right now this confusion works to dealers’ advantage in that it allows them to tell buyers to “come right in” to look at the new Bronco, without having any on the lot, and without technically “lying.” I suspect this confusion is also allowing some dealers to sell Bronco Sport as the real deal to unsuspecting buyers, but that is a double-edge sword.
Long-term, Ford is going to have to fix this confusion.

Other automakers use styling as the unifying brand element, instead of reusing the same name cross different products.

Ford doesn’t have the best track record naming models. Lincoln wasted 20 years naming everything MK-something. No one knew what one MK was from the next. A couple years ago Ford finally gave up on its pursuit when it started using proper names on Lincoln models once again.

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
You are now in the German-Canadian pizza forum!

I hear the “real” one is topped with sauerkraut and poutine...

One slice is supposed to contain everything you need to get you through a Manitoba winter.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) 1625587593429

Nice one!!! :LOL:

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
What happened to his Gladiator he built?

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
This Bronco debacle is one of the reasons I gave up and bought another Wrangler, and I'm glad I did. When Ford seriously announced that a new Bronco was coming out (when like 2017? and rumors swirled for years before), I figured by 2019, 2020 at the latest there would be enough out that dealers would have inventory. Then Covid hit and now the so called recovery. Combined with Ford's management issues and the musical chairs game in the C suite. It's a wonder that they are able to stay afloat.

Have you driven by a Ford dealer lately? They have next to no new trucks left. That's here in Texas, the pickup capital of the world. I don't know what I would do if my truck needed to be replaced right now. It appears, from the outside looking in, that their issues go deeper than than a micro chip shortage.
I am glad Ford is doing the Bronco. We all understand that competition is good. Jeep has already responded by offering 35" tires. I knew the whole pre-order thing was going to be a boondoggle. I knew I was coming up on replacing my wife's car. I showed her the Bronco, she liked the idea. I knew though that there would be ADM involved even before covid. I knew we were going to buy a Wrangler. I got super lucky in that FCA had their act together and was still building Jeeps pretty much like normal by the time I ordered In May.

Ford is a freaking mess right now. This was also the summer to replace my truck. None of the big three have ANY inventory. My Ford dealer has more than the Ram dealer because it isn't hard to have more than zero... I am happy to order and wait a while. I just ordered a new F350 because I just can't bring myself to buy either of the other two despite trying to convince myself they would be OK for my needs. You should see the Ford truck forums, nobody, dealers, customers, Ford customer service, NOBODY has a clue when trucks will be built or shipped. I would say they definitely have issues beyond just the chip shortage. They are not even taking orders for GMC double cabs and I do not want Rams only choice of crew or regular cab, no telling how long on a Ram either.

Luckily my wife loves her Jeep. It doesn't get driven much so hopefully it will keep her happy for years to come. I will try to be patient and hope Ford gets production going I mean you would think they could get back on the horse soon right? I sure would like my new truck this summer but it will likely bee fall, maybe late fall, hopefully before winter...LOL
Sponsored