Sponsored

Sjbiss

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe
That video made me willing to wait a couple more weeks before I cancel my order. Because i'm 4 months in this thing and I have absolutely no news about my Wrangler order. None. No VIN yet.

But this is my dream car. So I guess I'll wait...
This seems odd. I had my vin within a couple of days and my Rubicon was built and delivered n 3 weeks.
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@DanW @aldo98229

Lol I'm just picturing you guys sitting in a parking lot next to a bronco sometime in the near future. Or one passing you on the road.

"They're years away!"

Just make sure you tweak your voice to crack a bit as you yell into the wind. It'll help with the whole "I'll craft my own reality" vibe you have going on.

(Seriously, though, @DanW, of course some preorder people will still have to wait some months. It may even take them into the new year. But it's just not true to keep saying they're "years" away. That's ridiculous. You're gonna have thousands of broncos on the roads by the end of the summer when most of us weren't expecting deliveries to start until the Fall.)

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I’m pretty sure Tommy meant that there will not be Broncos sitting on dealer lots for sale for sub-retail prices within his purchase window. 🤷
I was surprised he didn’t go with the 2.0L tho-

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I’m pretty sure Tommy meant that there will not be Broncos sitting on dealer lots for sale for sub-retail prices within his purchase window. 🤷
Even if there was, Ford does not offer a soft top option on the 2 doors yet. It would have been added cost for him down the road to add an aftermarket soft top and unlike the Wrangler there will be no real market to sell hard tops since everyone will have one.

Ditto on the 2.0T, everyone seems to love them at high altitudes.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW @aldo98229

Lol I'm just picturing you guys sitting in a parking lot next to a bronco sometime in the near future. Or one passing you on the road.

"They're years away!"

Just make sure you tweak your voice to crack a bit as you yell into the wind. It'll help with the whole "I'll craft my own reality" vibe you have going on.

(Seriously, though, @DanW, of course some preorder people will still have to wait some months. It may even take them into the new year. But it's just not true to keep saying they're "years" away. That's ridiculous. You're gonna have thousands of broncos on the roads by the end of the summer when most of us weren't expecting deliveries to start until the Fall.)
Dude, you are denial. Read the articles popping up left and right.

I live in a city of 90,000 souls 20 miles south of the Canada border. We only have one Ford dealer in town. I don’t anticipate seeing a Bronco driving in the wild until 2022 at the earliest.

I am more likely to see an actual Sasquatch than a Ford Bronco any time soon.
giphy.gif

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
He wanted the manual. That means 3.6 is the only option.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
had to go search for the thread on bronco 6g forum. good read lol. some people are diving way too deep into things. he gave good reasons for why he chose the jeep. very valid reasons. he also pointed out where the bronco is better. maybe he should buy both so he can please both camps lol. i enjoy TFLs videos. especially when they test vehicles off road.

it seems TFL is a member over there and not here, screw TFL!! 🤬 😆
They did some stuff over here when the JL was first released too.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Ditto on the 2.0T, everyone seems to love them at high altitudes.
TFL didn't love their experience with the 2.0 and e-torque.

Tommy often praises the pentastar, even when his dad is going gaga over the v8, and has said he'd pick it if he were buying. So he wasn't bs'ing on that.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
had to go search for the thread on bronco 6g forum. good read lol. some people are diving way too deep into things. he gave good reasons for why he chose the jeep. very valid reasons. he also pointed out where the bronco is better. maybe he should buy both so he can please both camps lol. i enjoy TFLs videos. especially when they test vehicles off road.

it seems TFL is a member over there and not here, screw TFL!! 🤬 😆
TFL has said they are hopeful they can buy a Bronco to do an independent review soon, but given the slow production they don’t sound too optimistic.

I think we are likely to see more unflattering articles, like that on TFL and Autoblog.com, as reviewers get frustrated trying to get their hands on a Bronco that is not handed to them by Ford.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S

I live in a city of 90,000 souls 20 miles south of the Canada border. We only have one Ford dealer in town. I don’t anticipate seeing a Bronco driving in the wild until 2022 at the earliest.

Whatever floats your boat, man. Guess all the people outside the jeep echo chambers must be lying about taking their deliveries and seeing other broncos in public.

<Bronco passes @aldo98229>
<shakes fist at sky>
"They're years away!"

Sponsored

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy's Diesel 4 door Sarge Green
Occupation
Software Engineer

Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) giphy
All kinds of Broncos near me. In fact, my neighbor has one. I see a few on the lots too when I drive by. Of course I live just south of Detroit…so maybe that makes a difference?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever floats your boat, man. Guess all the people outside the jeep echo chambers must be lying about taking their deliveries and seeing other broncos in public.

<Bronco passes @aldo98229>
<shakes fist at sky>
"They're years away!"
I wouldn’t call half the press out there, including Automotive News, a “Jeep echo chamber.”

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
All kinds of Broncos near me. In fact, my neighbor has one. I see a few on the lots too when I drive by. Of course I live just south of Detroit…so maybe that makes a difference?
No they don’t.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. I wouldn’t call Detroit “representative” of the overall US auto market.

I think large metro areas with trendy buyers like Los Angeles and Miami are more likely to start seeing Broncos in circulation first.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW @aldo98229

"They're years away!"

It's not? Ford just sent letters to body color hard top customers saying 2023 is their likely delivery date. That's more than a year away, by my count.

I've not really been dogging on Ford if you actually read my posts. I hope they get it going. A healthy Ford is good for America.

But to act like 800 production Broncos represents open flood gates shows a complete lack of perspective on Ford's business model or the industry as a whole.

I am guessing Ford is planning on 200,000 of these a year, or more. You do the Math.

And I've seen at least 3 of them, in April, at Moab. but they were there in the flesh. Interestingly, I never saw them on the trail or even with dirt or dust on them. They were, as you said, on the road. Ok, one time it was a dirt road, but a road, nonetheless.
Sponsored