First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Our youngest had no real interest in having a car, other than basic transportation, until she left college. Now she likes to take road trips and she moves every couple of years, usually to smaller towns.

What drove us nuts when she was in college was that she shared a house with about 5 room mates. Only two of them had a car, so they just shared the cars too, thinking nothing of it. When I gave her my XJ, there was a strict no sharing lecture with it. She had no idea about the liability that allowing someone else to use your car could cause.
Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Broncos on the horizon? I'll believe it when I see it. I have seen a couple Bronco Sports, but they're rare in these parts. The reason I'm driving a 2021 Wrangler is entirely because the Ford dealership couldn't even promise delivery within 18 months back in February. Received my JL80A in 6 weeks. My stepdaughter ordered a Bronco Badlands in February and still has no info on delivery.

I really hope Ford comes through and that the Bronco is a success. Having two capable vehicles in this market segment can only enhance development of both.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
2 more weeks of Bronco factory shut down.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...y-to-shut-for-two-weeks-due-to-parts-shortage

I got tired of waiting on the Bronco over 2 years ago.

In an area over run in Jeeps (I can't go 2 miles without waving to 2 or 3 and in a neighbohood of 100 houses theres 7 or 8), I've not seen a big Bronco yet and only a few Sports in a major metro area.

As with all manufacturer, Ford is having supply chain issues. Bo doubt you'll start seeing them on the road, but its going to be few and far between for a hoid while.

SkDmRkLcY

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I thought this was funny as I just got rid of a Mustang to pick up a 2DR Wrangler. A Bronco probably would have been considered if it was available but the tiny feel of Wrangler was the draw. The thin body and fenders really help with that perception.

I had to go with a fair number of options cause well I wanted them and want to be comfortable. It feels tiny compared to the Gladiator.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) E4A42FCC-1BEF-4C2B-9C2C-019B2DCE0CF6

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Our youngest had no real interest in having a car, other than basic transportation, until she left college. Now she likes to take road trips and she moves every couple of years, usually to smaller towns.

What drove us nuts when she was in college was that she shared a house with about 5 room mates. Only two of them had a car, so they just shared the cars too, thinking nothing of it. When I gave her my XJ, there was a strict no sharing lecture with it. She had no idea about the liability that allowing someone else to use your car could cause.
I don’t understand this generation’s indifference towards automobiles and fascination for cell phones.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I thought this was funny as I just got rid of a Mustang to pick up a 2DR Wrangler. A Bronco probably would have been considered if it was available but the tiny feel of Wrangler was the draw. The thin body and fenders really help with that perception.

I had to go with a fair number of options cause well I wanted them and want to be comfortable. It feels tiny compared to the Gladiator.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) E4A42FCC-1BEF-4C2B-9C2C-019B2DCE0CF6
Best color combo ever!

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
There are many more degreed people in their 20s-30s than there were when I was that age. Competition for just decent paying jobs is tough. Many aren’t working in their degree fields and many are working hourly wage jobs.
There's only so big a market for sociology or gender studies majors.

This is a function of government guarantee, and now issuance, of student loans.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I am just saying that both tops were a must have for us and the discount I did get on the Wrangler was more than eaten up by buying the soft top.

I am pleased with the sail cloth top, it is only a part time top for us and so far seems to work great. I am not sure what functional advantage the twill top would have for my use for the extra $500. I read lots of reviews here before deciding.

I think getting a Bronco not marked up over msrp off the lot is likely impossible, much less discounted below msrp. I did find a dealer nearby to order my new super duty truck under msrp though when the rest were firm at msrp. All of the SD trucks on the lots had a $3000 mark up. They said Raptors and Broncos were $5000 over though I didn't see either in their inventory. My Jeep dealer is down to three Gladiators, zero Wranglers and one Ram truck. Almost seems like it is getting worse...
Like the guy in the TFL I run only soft tops. I had the sail cloth on my JK and have twill on my JL. The twill insulates a little better, not as big of a deal if you are only running a soft top in the nicer seasons and switch to the hard top in the harsher months, but for year round I prefer the twill.

My twill top does look darker and stays cleaner looking longer than my sail cloth did, but thats just just my personal preference on the aesthetics.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Hmmm…

in the end, he’s just another paying customer getting exactly what he wanted. Cant fault him for JUST THAT, now can we??? (rhetorical)

Sponsored

EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
@Joe98

It's a bit more than that over the Sport. You get the D44/M220 with limited slip, HD shocks, HD brakes and rock sliders standard. Plus the black grille, black aluminum wheels with 32" tires, tinted rear windows, different front bumper (Sahara I think) and some decals. All for about $1900 over the Sport.
It’s the heavy duty brakes that I appreciate on the Willys. Also a little more room for bigger tires it seems.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

If you really want want a Bronco, I mean really want, there are some out there.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/updated-10-of-the-highest-adms-in-the-u-s-for-the-2021-bronco/
thats common for Ford dealers to do on any popular Ford that is in demand and short supply. even before covid hit ford people already knew dealers would be doing this on Broncos for the first year or so. dealers are paying mark ups to other dealers to get their hands on their GT500s lol; then they add their own mark up and sell it to the customer.

all kinds of dealers are taking advantage of the current supply situation. we went and looked at a new Kia Carnival and they wanted $5k over lol. dont even ask about the Tellurides. i saw on the Telluride forum some dealers asking $20k over! for...a...KIA....

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I don’t understand this generation’s indifference towards automobiles and fascination for cell phones.
It's social media everyone wants. The phones are just a means to the end, a tool. The cell phones are needed for all the social media millenials crave.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
thats common for Ford dealers to do on any popular Ford that is in demand and short supply. even before covid hit ford people already knew dealers would be doing this on Broncos for the first year or so. dealers are paying mark ups to other dealers to get their hands on their GT500s lol; then they add their own mark up and sell it to the customer.

all kinds of dealers are taking advantage of the current supply situation. we went and looked at a new Kia Carnival and they wanted $5k over lol. dont even ask about the Tellurides. i saw on the Telluride forum some dealers asking $20k over! for...a...KIA....
Ford is suffering the most during this chip shortage. They planned poorly.

Toyota planned for the chip shortage much better most other car companies. They only have shortages for a few models. The Sienna minivan is one model Toyota has a shortage on. I went with a friend to buy a Sienna a few weeks ago. The dealer had a $10K ADM on a damn minivan! I advised my friend to sell his Crosstrek now for top dollar and to share his second car with his wife until prices return to normal.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It's social media everyone wants. The phones are just a means to the end, a tool. The cell phones are needed for all the social media millenials crave.
Yes, that part I get. Also that owning a cell phone is a lot cheaper than owning a car.

But at the end of the day there’s only so much one can live through social media. At some point, one has to get out and live real life.
Sponsored